Resource icon

Facebook SDK updates for xenForo

Mike Edge

Mike Edge submitted a new resource:

Facebook SDK updates for xenForo (version 1.0) - Monday Facebook changes effecting xF

With all the changes that took place on Monday. There are a few things outdated in xF in regards to facebook.

Currently Open Graph (og) does not flush and update changes when you update og meta's.

To fix this, open index.php

After <?php

add:

PHP:
if($_GET['fbrefresh']){
$canological_url = '?refresh='.$_GET['fbrefresh'];
}else {
$canological_url = '';
}

Next, there have been several versions of js SDK updated since the xF version. This will update you to latest FB SDK and...

Read more about this resource...

This is the first of hopefully many future "core" updates (means edits of core files) to bring XenForo up to date.

To bad that such things are necessary.

Thank you for saving us time and money!

A developers job should be done more seriously, especially if they charge for the software.
I was remarking on how as webmasters we have to continually update our sites due to changes to outside influences, such as Facebook. The state of Xenforo's development cycle does not bother me because as a community we enhance the software in ways the developers can't due to their own restrictions.

A developers job should be done more seriously, especially if they charge for the software.

Agree 101% but in all fairness to KAM no one but them knows what they can and can't do for xF updating during this money sink better known as a law suit along with if there are any restrictions on what they are allowed to discuss in regards to the case during such time. Anyway, let's please not derail yet another thread with this.

Code:
if($_GET['fbrefresh']){
}else {
$canological_url = '';
}

To prevent undefined index notice, This should be:

Code:
if(isset($_GET['fbrefresh'])){
}else {
$canological_url = '';
}

Does this affect using the facebook share button? Or is this issue just affected the facebook login on xenforo? Or both?

you said to replace the entire contents of fb_channel with your text. just to clarify, does that include the first line?
Code:
<?php

because it seems like I'm just supposed to replace the script line.

just checking before I break something

you said to replace the entire contents of fb_channel with your text. just to clarify, does that include the first line?
Code:
<?php

Good point, Waiting for the answer.

Code:
<?php

Nope not needed as everything between the <? and ?> is removed.

I'm going crazy :(

No FB login integration...

Code:
{
  "error": {
      "message": "Invalid redirect_uri: L'URL inserito non \u00e8 consentito dalla configurazione dell'applicazione.",
      "type": "OAuthException",
      "code": 191
  }
}

Top Bottom