Facebook only?

Mike Edge

How can i disable account creation and login that the only way to create accounts or login is with connect with facebook option?

Got it all worked out and pleased with the results =) Just was a matter of starting to find my way around XenForo. Got it made where only way to register or login is via facebook, sign up button on sidebar replaced with login with facebook and facebook login button on nav bar site wide.

So your register page is still there and you've just changed out the images and links to be pointing to the Facebook login?

Just wanted to make sure that is how you did it because I was thinking of a project that would be a Facebook niche as well and wanted to see how you accomplished it.

Sort of Arny. I redid the register stuff so it can only pull Facebook info, like age, location etc. It fills your FB username by default and password field is removed. I am also working on porting some of the Social Engine facebook addons too like pulling in your FB friends list and ability to message them or invite them via FB API.

Hi there! Seems like an old thread, but it was the only one I found so far discussing exactly what I am also planning to do. I joined only recently! I also want to allow only Facebook registration and login. I think it is a good way to ensure only real people use my forum and to prevent spam (to some content).

Question to Mike: Could your perhaps walk me through the steps you did on achieving this or give me some hints? I would be also willing to donate/pay to appreciate your time and effort in doing so or uploading some reference material? Or any else able to help? ^^ You can always PM me or reply here! ^^ Thanks a lot in advance!

Top Bottom