Facebook Likes Button

Facebook Likes Button 1.0

No permission to download

DRE

8thos submitted a new resource:

Facebook Likes Button (version 1.0) - Instead of hitting the 'Like' link when liking a thread, you hit the Facebook like button

Instead of hitting the 'Like' link when liking a thread, you hit the Facebook like button. I made some different colors of this button and a TMS addon for it. Just change the file name in either the folder or the extra.css TMS edit to reflect which color button you want. Uploading my buttons here since the the original thread is closed.

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: vij
Great resource 8thos :) So will this remove the "default like" thingies everywhere?
It would be great if you have the "facebook like" on first post of thread and have the remaining posts to show up the "default forum likes" and have a distinction between the 2 so the users are not confused.

The point is - people like to 'facebook like' interesting topics whereas they may want to "forum like" silly but fun reply posts.

Hope that made sense :cautious:

Great resource 8thos :) So will this remove the "default like" thingies everywhere?
It would be great if you have the "facebook like" on first post of thread and have the remaining posts to show up the "default forum likes" and have a distinction between the 2 so the users are not confused.

The point is - people like to 'facebook like' interesting topics whereas they may want to "forum like" silly but fun reply posts.

Hope that made sense :cautious:
Hmmm. Some people would assume that its the actual button for facebook. Good point. I'll reupload some other buttons as well later with screenshots.

Reactions: vij
Personally this is what I would prefer -
1. Have 'facebook like'(the default rectangle button) and the "forum like" on the first post of the thread . What this does is it rightaway makes it clear to the user that there are 2 like types. People will not be wary of clicking the 'forum like' in the remaining posts.
2. Have only 'forum like' button on the remaining posts on the thread.

How is the addon configured currently.I couldnt find any pictures or description on that front.

Thanks again :)

Interesting. I can only improve this by ya'lls suggestions because I don't use Facebook likes or even have it enabled on my site. I did this for peeps who can't afford to buy post ratings or don't know how to edit their css.

Post ratings does not have "facebook like". The problem with the current default "facebook like" for forum threads is that it is right at the bottom and 'out of view'. With enough 'facebook likes' from forum threads, you can get decent hits when say 100 members and 500 guests keep liking threads and all of whom have hundreds or even thousands of friends. I have been looking for something that will push that facebook like button to the first post.

Will be interesting to see what other members have to say.

Post ratings does not have "facebook like". The problem with the current default "facebook like" for forum threads is that it is right at the bottom and 'out of view'. With enough 'facebook likes' from forum threads, you can get decent hits when say 100 members and 500 guests keep liking threads and all of whom have hundreds or even thousands of friends. I have been looking for something that will push that facebook like button to the first post.

Will be interesting to see what other members have to say.
Hey that's a good idea!

Top Bottom