1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

facebook like link acting strange

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by tenants, Jan 29, 2012.

1. tenants

tenants Well-Known Member

I've been playing around with it on my site, but now even here it seems to have gone all odd

I've completely lost the like link on my site, and can't figure out how to get it back (I've reverted all templates containing the word facebook)

Is this a FaceBbook bug, is it just a coincidence that i was playing around with that area (I've just integrated events so they automatically get posted on the FaceBook page)

I've lost it completely on my site
    This is how I see the like button at XenForo at the moment:
  2. steel_curtain

steel_curtain Well-Known Member

It's working fine for me here, and on your site too.

3. tenants

Not quite, you're image shows it's vanished on my site (there should be a like button, but I only see the google, tweet and recommended)
  4. steel_curtain

In your ACP what does it say in Facebook Integration option for the Facebook like button phrase?
  5. tenants

Dow, good point I need to change it back to "like"...

Still looks odd to me on here though (see 1st image)
  6. tenants

and now it looks back to normal here...

I think face book has been fiddling (at the same time I was)
  7. steel_curtain

It's working fine for me. I see the like now also. Maybe a Facebook issue in your area? I'm in the US.

8. tenants

And on this site (the xenforo site), does it look fine there too?
  9. steel_curtain

Yes, looks normal to me.

10. tenants

Hmm, okay... It must be me, messing around with my FaceBook account. Thanks steel

I think it had something to do with both myself (and my partner) both being logged in to facebook at the same time (on the same computer, but different browsers)
  11. tenants

Edit again, nope I now know when this happens

It's when you visit xenforo / your forum, and you are logged in to FaceBook as your owned FaceBook page (rather than your normal FaceBook account)
    It looks like a FaceBook widget bug