• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Facebook Integration

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
FB integration allows log in via an app, liking/recommending posts/pages and seeing who on your FB friends list has associated their account.

A FB page has no relevance for this functionality.

wickedstangs

FB integration allows log in via an app, liking/recommending posts/pages and seeing who on your FB friends list has associated their account.

A FB page has no relevance for this functionality.
everytime I like something on my different sites, they get put on my main facebook account. I like it to be placed on different pages..

Example:
I have a page for:
www.wickedstangs.com - facebook/wickedstangs (main account)
Created PAGES
www.sdsoccertalk.com - https://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Diego-Soccer-Talk/173140386206568
www.foxbodymustangs.org - facebook.com/page/FOXBODYMustangs

Everytime I like something it get placed in my WickedStangs account. I like to go to www.sdsoccertalk.com and like a thread in that forum and it get placed on the correct facebook page.

Martok

@Martok I have it setup correctly for my www.wickedstangs.com account but, for my other websites they are just pages..

@Martok do I setup all my websites the same as www.wickedstangs.com ? with the same APP ID and APP CODE?
All your other websites are just pages? So they are not Xenforo forums? I'm not quite sure what you mean...

I don't really know but I'd assume you could use the app on all of your forums as the app allows you to specify multiple domains.

wickedstangs

All your other websites are just pages? So they are not Xenforo forums? I'm not quite sure what you mean...

I don't really know but I'd assume you could use the app on all of your forums as the app allows you to specify multiple domains.
@Martok I have six xenforo sites.
www.wickedstangs.com
www.foxbodymustangs.org
www.modularfoxmustangs.com
www.sdstangs.com
www.sdsoccertalk.com
www.mustangsvstheworld.com

I opened up a facebook accout with wickedstangs.com I have pages like https://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Diego-Soccer-Talk/173140386206568 for all my other sites... They all give me a number at the end like (173140386206568) What can I use the number for?

I use the main site wickedstangs.com gives me all the info application secret code and application ID..

Everytime I go to my www.sdsoccertalk.com and like something it places it in my wickedstangs.com facebook account. (Look at the bottom Right on the image)
ws.JPG

I would like it to post it in the below page.
sd.JPG

wickedstangs

Ah, so Wickedstangs on Facebook is an account ie like a personal account.

You can't post to Facebook pages, only to Facebook accounts with the built-in Facebook integration.

As I stated in my very first post in this thread, you'll need this add-on for sharing to a Facebook page:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-social-share.2182/
Wow, I guess I missed it.. yah that sounds like what I want to do.. Thanks for your help..