Add-on Facebook Group Integration - any interest

ibaker

I am about to commission the development of an addon that will enable integration/syncing of select forum nodes with a facebook group and was wondering if there was any interest in a public release of it.

How it will work is that:
You would select specific forum nodes that when ever a new thread is created in them the thread will automatically be created in a facebook group
When a post is made to a thread in those specific forum nodes the post will automatically be created under the same thread in the facebook group
When a facebook user creates a thread in the facebook group, the thread will be automatically created in a specific forum node
When a facebook user replies to the facebook thread that same reply will be added as a post to the thread in the specific forum node

You can move the facebook thread out of the specific forum node to another node and the syncing will remain i.e. move with it

Due to both forum and facebook users possibility of not being registered members on both your forums and facebook, the posts will be under an Admin defined user name lile in the forums it could be the user name "Facebook User" and in facebook it could be "Site Name"

Would there be any interest in an addon like this...thanks

Yes. I think our forum would benefit from this as I also run an FB page too. So this is a great idea.

Is this actually possible unless you have an open group?

Last time I looked into it this wasn't possible unless it was, and most groups are closed for privacy reasons.

Due to both forum and facebook users possibility of not being registered members on both your forums and facebook, the posts will be under an Admin defined user name lile in the forums it could be the user name "Facebook User" and in facebook it could be "Site Name"

I'd be surprised if facebook allows this, have you looked into it?

Sorry but it would be xf v2 only. I am about to give the developer the go ahead to create the addon

I have been advised that it can be done to a closed (private) group. I have just paid the developer to start creating the addon and it should be finished in a few weeks. I was thinking of a price somewhere around the $27.50 for the addon...does that sound reasonable given what I have said?

The developer has just finished another addon for me which I am considering releasing to the public at a price of $15. It is a side menu system which is great for tablets and those that have a large number of main menu items plus it is more in line with the modern way of doing things:
1.webp 2.webp 3.webp 4.webp 5.webp

I am also talking to the developer about a Classifieds addon plus many other high impact addons

One of my board communities has a strong Facebook group presence. I would pick up a license for this if it were released here.

I paid the developer, a well known developer here at XF, to create it 2.5 weeks ago and he said it would take 2 weeks...still waiting

Sounds pretty interesting. Though I wonder if mirroring posts from a facebook group to your forum (through an app?) is compliant with facebook ToS?

Top Bottom