XF 1.3 Facebook and Xenforo Thumbnail

We Rave You

Hi,

When we try to link our forum in a Facebook post, the thumbnail images are not what we want them to be. They seem to be linked to the logo? My question is... HOW and WHERE do we change the thumbnail on xenforo so it shows up on a Facebook post? We checked the template "Open_Graph_Meta" as suggested on other threads/pages... does this have something to do with it? Because when we try to edit that, it doesn't change.
We have also tried to work with the Facebook Dev. Debugger without any good results.
Does it take a long time for the changes to show up maybe?

Thanks for any help!

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180456

How do I replace the Xenforo Facebook recommend/like logo with my own?
Upload your logo to the server and change the image path in the ACP -> Styles -> Style Properties -> Header and Navigation -> Settings: Facebook Open Graph Logo. Due to caching it can take several weeks for the image to update on the Facebook servers. You can attempt to force an update of the cache using the debugger.
Note that the image must be square with minimum dimensions of 200px and maximum dimensions of 350px.

Changed it via your method, and tried to force an update. Still a different image, does this have to do with "Due to caching it can take several weeks for the image to update on the Facebook servers." ?

If you've changed the path to a new image then yes, it will be due to caching.

Try submitting a new thread now and see if it uses the new image.

Top Bottom