Facebook action is required - app deletion if not replied within a week

sbj

I use the Facebook connected accounts feature, so I set up a Facebook developers app some time ago.

I received 2 emails, and they are gonna suspend my app if I don't reply to them.

But I don't know how I should reply to them to comply with it. I mean what should I write as a response.

Action Required for Platform Terms compliance review
In order to keep our Meta platform and community safe, we periodically review apps for compliance. Your app XXX (XXX) is currently under review and we have reached out to your contact email to request for additional information or apply a change request.
Please check your XXX inbox for this email and respond within the next week with the requested change request to avoid your app from being suspended. If you haven't received an email from us, please ensure that the email address listed in the App Dashboard under App Settings is correct.
If you are unable to respond to the previous email, or you did not receive the previous email, you may respond to us by clicking the button at the bottom of this alert. This will take you to a page where you can send our team a message.
You can view this and other Developer Notifications related to your app, in the App Dashboard.

Hi,

In order to keep the Meta platform and community safe, we periodically review apps for compliance. We need the following information/action from you on your app, XXX (AppId: XXX), in order to approve your app’s continued operation on our platform.

Platforms affected: Website.

1. Detailed instructions describing how we can access your platform to test and review. Once we are able to access your platform, the experience we test in your app should accurately reflect the experience a user has in your app.

2. Valid credentials for us to login to your app and test/review its functionality and its use of any Facebook API integration. These credentials should be valid indefinitely to allow for future review of your app.

Please reply to this email with the requested information/change request before 2022-01-21 20:00:00 PST. To ensure that we receive your response, respond directly to this email or ensure that our email address is in the “cc” field. Note that new email addresses added using "cc" or "bcc" won't be able to respond to this email or view any future email responses from us regarding this request. If we do not receive a response from you, your app will be subject to enforcement.

Thank you for your cooperation in our continued efforts to keep our platform safe,

Meta Developer Operations Team

We went through the same last year.

1. Just explain how the app is used: as part of the Xenforo signup and login procedure. Link to the XF website.

2. Set up a dedicated user account the FB team can use to log into your forum.

That worked for us. :)

@thomas1

Nice, good to know. The email sounds more serious than it it is. Thanks.

For point 2 giving them a dedicated user account made no sense to me. Since to test the app, they have to register themselves. That is the point of the app, no? :D

Detailed instructions sounded so serious and I thought I have to provide a video or something.
Anyway, tomorrow or later I will reply and explain them. Will give feedback if it goes through, thanks again.

Yes, it sounds more severe than it is. In our case, the FB team (from Singapore) turned out to be very friendly and cooperative.

And you are right about the FB account: what we did was set up an account for them as requested; later, they would create another account to test the registration procedure.

I mean it is not nice to insult people but these people were on another level of stupidity.

It took me 1 week to get it sorted.

They (Facebook workers) register on my site with their fake Facebook emails and are from India. So they land in my approval queue automatically. And then they write back that they can't access my site. I told them that I have to approve their accounts manually, which I did for 8-9 accounts. But instead of re-logging with those created accounts, they kept using new accounts.

So, I tried to explain the situation and was asked to offer a test user account. But the problem was, that I don't have a test user account which is connected to Facebook. I can create a regular user, but not one with a Facebook connected account.

Anyway, they told me that in Facebook dashboard one can create fake Facebook users. That way I created a fake Facebook account, registered on my site, and emailed back them the fake Facebook credentials.

Now today my case was closed.

Just writing this for other people, if they find this thread through search.

It turned into such a hassle trying to get them to login that i just deleted facebook integration. waste of time.
Unfortunately for me, I have couple of users who use that and my audience is mostly from the older generation. I have to make it as easy as possible.

I remember at the end of 2020 Facebook did something with their setup and integration didn't work. Next day I was contacted by people why the hell they can't login anymore. Once they are hooked, you can't let it go :S.

Unfortunately for me, I have couple of users who use that and my audience is mostly from the older generation. I have to make it as easy as possible.

I remember at the end of 2020 Facebook did something with their setup and integration didn't work. Next day I was contacted by people why the hell they can't login anymore. Once they are hooked, you can't let it go :S.

That was our only concern, too. Personally, I couldn't care less about FB and would have tossed it ages ago.

Reactions: sbj
I had similar from FB last month.

I tried to reply to their email with the info they wanted only for it to bounce back. I looked online and there is no way of contacting them!! It turns out as my registered Facebook email is a forward (and not a mailbox I can send from) emails from any other account are blocked even if a direct reply quoting their own case number.

So I spend a while setting up my FB email from a forward to mailbox and mail them, saying I cannot provide test accounts because I'm using login with FB so what's the point of providing an account already set up??

While in my FB settings for my forum I noted that some data related URL was blank, something to do with when a user wants to be forgotten in the Facebook app. A quick search here and others had the same, so I set up a new help page, cut and paste from a suggested wording, and filled that URL in my FB settings.

I never heard back from them way beyond the deadline so I assume they closed the case, even if they didn't tell me this.

The whole experience from start to finish was frustrating and I came very close to just removing the Login with FB option. Large corporations at their worst.

I’ve removed my Facebook login from them, as now I need to verify my Facebook account by sending them my ID such passport, or driving license. Which is no way I’ll send such sensitive information to them. Google login will be just fine, following by Twitter .

I had the email too but fortunately, it was for an older "app" instance I created for an older XF login that I no longer used. I'd created one within the past two years that we use now, with no issues. But yeah...if this one gets the same email reply, I'll dump that app and let users know that they need to change their accounts before I do so.

Top Bottom