XF 1.5 Extremely high CPU usage - don't want to get suspended again!

Cassandra

Hi,

I have a xenforo+wordpress setup installation.
In the past month I started to notice a huge spike in CPU load. It mainly happens when I have around 400 users connected simultaneously, 75% of which are bots.
It was too much for my 2 CPU cores host and they simply suspended my account for exceeding the CPU usage limit.
So I moved to another host, this time with 4 CPU cores. And now I seem to be reaching the limit there as well !!!
I know for certain that xenforo is causing this, because when I make the board inactive CPU load goes down significantly.
From what I can surmise, forum/index.php is the main cause for high CPU load.
What steps can I take to reduce this load and improve efficiency?
Sever Error Log shows no errors.
Thank you

It appears that you have no guest page caching ongoing (which, as you are on litespeed you should be able to make use of their caches), which if youre being hammered by bots could certainly cause an issue.

Feel free to start a PM, I can take a look into it for you.

Upgrading to 2.x would certainly help with out the box guest page caching.

Could you please explain what you did change?

I have a similar issue with 8GB RAM and my webhoster claims that XF 2.1x needs at least 16GB of RAM to avoid MySQL crashes. See here.

I dont recall exactly, but it was just going over settings that needed tweaking. When you work with so many XenForo boards you just get an eye for things that arent right.

Top Bottom