XF 2.0 Extra.less question on nodes.

MojoW

Well i had a highlight on hover effect and was using these classes.
Code:
.nodeList .node.forum

Now i know node.forum is node--forum but how about the nodelist?

Last edited:
Yeah im using firefox and i am inspecting elements to get classes.
I see how the div is called for a certain node.
Code:
node-new node--id21 node--depth2 node--forum node--read

But even when i test it with one node it just doesnt work.

Edit:
And the way i had it set it applied on all the forums under a category.
I hope that would still be possible.

The !important declaration shouldn't be required (nor used) for most cases.

Actually I designed a style for my own site and I have to disagree with you there. It was required on several portions of the style where it would not work unless I used it. Tested and proved it is needed on certain items. Definitely not nodes or anything like that and is mainly used if your making a style from top to bottom but it is needed a times. Just wanted to point that out is all.

Actually I designed a style for my own site and I have to disagree with you there. It was required on several portions of the style where it would not work unless I used it. Tested and proved it is needed on certain items. Definitely not nodes or anything like that and is mainly used if your making a style from top to bottom but it is needed a times. Just wanted to point that out is all.
Agreed, sometimes i would go to change a certain thing, and nothing updated until i added the !important; . It is just good information to pass along since @MojoW is working in the extra.css and might run into one of those situations.

It's bad practice.

Use more specific selectors.
Can you elaborate more, because i was given my information by a dev who helped me on my site. I am not a developer or a person who knows about coding, i just look for help from others. I would like to understand what you mean, it is bad practice and what is considered the correct way to do things. Can you also break down what more specific selectors are and how to find them and use them in the correct coding way. This information will be very helpful to those who are in the same boat as me when it comes to our limited or even no knowledge about Developing and coding etc. If their is a thread about this or a tutorial page i would be happy to be pointed to that direction also, because this thread was for a different question.

Top Bottom