1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Extending Xen by Giving Coders MVC folders

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by DregondRahl, Feb 17, 2011.

1. DregondRahl

DregondRahl Member

I'm coding a few projects and im seriously considering using XenForo for a site. At first I was thinking i could write the CMS with CodeIgniter but then i thought Zend is already apart of Xen, so why not extend from it. Unfortunately its a bit confusing to figureout how to write complex pages in XenForo using the Zend Framework. So my suggestion would be Create a folder system where we can extend Xen using Model/Controler/Views, this will give us the ability to use XenForo's function and the Zend Framework without interfering with Xenforo system.

I could write a blog system for example, I could write the Models, Views and Controllers to handle it, and it would hook right in with XenForo's system and would keep it only one connection rather than 2 for the DB. This could give users endless possibilities, especially if we can easily get the user session/permissions without having a separate connection.

I would great appreciate a proper discussion of this possibility.

2. Shadab

Shadab Well-Known Member

3. DregondRahl

DregondRahl Member

Thanks for the Links Shadab !

I'll look into it, is the user information accessible within it? to check group permissions ?

4. Shadab

Shadab Well-Known Member

Yes. Anything that is done in a core Xenforo controller can be done in your own controllers. This includes accessing the Models, Permissions, BbCode Formatters, etc.

One of the reasons why I like this system is because custom Addons/Applications are not treated as second-class citizens within the framework.

Onimua likes this.