1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extending Node Options in the Default Edit Node View

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Jawsh, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Jawsh

Jawsh Formerly null0

What exists: http://i.imgur.com/l68Vyvf.png
    What I want: http://i.imgur.com/8CDTqVL.png

What I have:
    1. I've created the add-on.
    2. I've set up an Install.php with SQL containing a table details to store the information.

There's a couple more settings I want to add for this (such as a select where to display the rules, on top of all pages / thread list / only when posting / posting new thread / posting reply ), but if I can just figure out the hooks for the Zend/XenForo classes I can probably handle the rest myself.
  2. Jawsh

Jawsh Formerly null0

I'm still looking for this.
  3. Nobita.Kun

Nobita.Kun Well-Known Member

Step 1: You need add new column into xf_forum
    Step 2: You need using an hook (you can find it on template forum_edit *ACP) to display your fields.
    Step 3: Extends xf_forum and save data from input :)
  4. Jawsh

Jawsh Formerly null0

Hey, I'm getting very close, I just have one more question. To pass more data into the view, I need to modify this class:

I assume that actually touching that PHP file is hacky, so what's the proper way to modify the returns of some methods? Can I just extend this class & overload the methods to have it "just work"?
  5. Jawsh

Jawsh Formerly null0

I'm getting kind of annoyed, because it's taking hours to get every step figured out and then the next step is immediately a total blockade. Information is very hard to find for something that is relatively simple.

I now have a living event listen. It hooks on both template_create (hijacking forum_edit) and load_class (looking at XenForo_Model_Forum).

What I need now is the ability to include Ash_ForumRules_Model_ForumRules and Ash_ForumRules_DataWriter_ForumRules when the respective _Forum_ models are loaded. xf_ash_forum_rules.node_id fks xf_forum.node_id

The gap is the model and inserting the data into the $params for forum_edit so that the templates can actually handle it... and then I guess I'll need to save it, too...

I have template hooks in this even though it's not visible. I think the <xen> helpers notice that the fields I'm requesting are not set so they ignore them.
  6. Nobita.Kun

Nobita.Kun Well-Known Member