1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extending Controller Public

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Daniel Hood, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

I want to make an addon that listens for a template hook (I want compatability with v1.1) and adds to the original function. I still want to the initial template shown, I just want to be able to use View functions (like the bbcode parser for that view and everything). Any ideas?
  2. JulianD

JulianD Well-Known Member

3. Daniel Hood

Yeah I've looked in to that. I need to use a listener though because there's going to be an option for which page/template hook my addon is displayed on/with. So I'm stuck not extending a specific controller.
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Daniel Hood

I want to listen for template hook "forum_node_list" and place a post, I want the post to run through the bbcode helper but I need to assign a view, since the view is triggered through ControllerPublic::responseView, I can't call it from my listener. There might be a better way to do this, I'm open to a suggestion.