XF 1.3 Export Styles

MQK8

Hi

I was recently told I need to export all my styles to risk not losing all the work I've done on them. I have a third party style. Being new to Xenforo, can someone tell me how I go about doing this?

Thanks

Hi

I was recently told I need to export all my styles to risk not losing all the work I've done on them. I have a third party style. Being new to Xenforo, can someone tell me how I go about doing this?

Thanks
I would like to add I went to the styles area and saw the "export style" but afraid to touch or do anything in fear of of making a mistake. So any advice is kindly appreciated.

Why do you need to export your style?

All exporting does is create an .xml file.
You can't cause any problems to your site by doing so.

Hi Brogan:

Thanks for responding. I was just told by my third party style owner that I needed to export all my styles so I won't lose all the customizations I've made. I have no idea what he's talking about so thought I would ask.

Hi Brogan:

Thanks for responding. I was just told by my third party style owner that I needed to export all my styles so I won't lose all the customizations I've made. I have no idea what he's talking about so thought I would ask.
So I assume he was just meaning to export them to have an xml file on hand?

Brogan, do you advise exporting a style or styles? You say it won't hurt anything. So do I simply check the export box, if so what do I choose from in the drop down box, ie, all, my style, etc?

Thanks as always,

I don't know your circumstance so you may be better off asking the style designer for specific support.

Having a backup of the style won't hurt but unless you somehow manage to delete it and don't have a recent backup, it's unlikely to be required.

Select (All) when exporting.

Unless you end up doing what I did when engaged in a phone conversation and updating styles. Inadvertently imported the purchased style over the child style of it that I had done. Sure did wish I had an exported version of it then. :LOL:
I've gotten (now) in the habit of exporting my custom changes before I make any upgrade to the core parent styles (in case I do a boo-boo like that again).

Top Bottom