Implemented Export email addresses

CZ Eddie

I want to email all of my users. But not all in one shot, obviously.
It would be nice if there were an option to email all users who's screen name starts with an "A".
Then email users starting with a "B".
Then "C", and so on.

Also, as a workaround, I tried to generate a list of all email addresses so I could just divy things up into groups of 100.
But the email generation has no export option.
So all I could do was CTRL+A to copy/paste.
And unfortunately, the output includes the username next to the email.
It would be nicer if you could export so it generates output like this:

Code:
user1@xenforo.com; user2@xenforo.com; user3@xenforo.com; user4@xenforo.com; etc. etc.

And then give us an option to email users using the format above.

Upvote 6
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Can you give a use case for emailing members in alphabetical blocks? I'm not sure I understand.

Last edited:
I need to export member email addresses to email them in MailChimp where I can properly format and track the emails exactly as we wish. But I don't see any function to allow site owners to even export the email addresses. What's up with that?

Well, it'd be a whole lot easier if we could simply export the addresses out of Xenforo. So, they literally give no way to do that?

Well, it'd be a whole lot easier if we could simply export the addresses out of Xenforo. So, they literally give no way to do that?

It’s fairly simple to do from the database. That being said you need to make sure that the user has opted in to your newsletter.

Yes. I just feel that that's OUR responsibility to make sure the user has opted in - not really Xenforo's place to try to force it.

Yes. I just feel that that's OUR responsibility to make sure the user has opted in - not really Xenforo's place to try to force it.

The same can be said with pulling emails. It’s YOUR responsibility to write the sql to pull the email addresses.

If XF creates a function then it should be compliant with basic legal standards. One of those standards is verifying the user signed up to receive the email.

YOU obviously aren’t concerned with opt in, but it’s nothing something to mess with, even in the US.

How in the world can you say I'm not concerned with opt in and why are you suggesting I'm not compliant with basic legal standards? Because I want to send out emails to people who have opted in - outside of Xenforo - that means I'm not concerned with opt-in? GET OUTTA HERE.

You can get a list of email addresses from Xenforo (though a little tidying up is needed).

In the ACP, go to Communications > Email Users
Check the option "Only generate a list of email addresses" then select the other criteria you require (e.g. "Only send to users opting to receive news and update emails")
Click on Proceed...

You will now have a list of email addresses. The downside is it also gives the names next to each of these. However, if you paste this into Excel (I believe) or Numbers (Mac) then it will split these into two columns, allowing you to copy just the first column with the email addresses only.

How in the world can you say I'm not concerned with opt in and why are you suggesting I'm not compliant with basic legal standards? Because I want to send out emails to people who have opted in - outside of Xenforo - that means I'm not concerned with opt-in? GET OUTTA HERE.

If they opted in outside of XF then you should pull from that source. I’ve been around long enough to know what’s going on. You clearly want to email your users regardless of opt in.

Mail chimp can handle your unsubscribes but that flag would need to be stored in XF so you don’t pull an user that has unsubscribed.

XF should develop fully functionable options. If you want an option to track subscriptions and export to use with 3rd parties, that is fine. So far that is not your indication.

I exported my users data base for a Constant Contact mailing. The list included both email addresses followed by logins. I pasted it into a .txt document. Thought I'd spend a couple hours deleting the logins.

1652543748122.webp

I imported the .txt document into Constant Contact, to my surprised it cleaned up everything. Not one failure.

Top Bottom