XF 2.2 Expected response code 250 but got code "503", with message "503 sender already given "

MilkyMeda

I haven't come across any source explaining this error. These are just ordinary notification emails. Does anyone have an idea?
  • Swift_TransportException: Email to the.last.ksa007@gmail.com failed: Expected response code 250 but got code "503", with message "503 sender already given "
  • src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php:457

I have been able to solve this particular sender already given error without getting into detail by stopping transport after every failed attempt. But I don't know the exact reason why it needs to be done like this. I couldn't spend time on it to figure it out. I don't recommend doing this but if you really want, you can try:
  1. Go to: src/XF/Mail/Mailer.php
  2. Find:
    \XF::logException($e, false, "Email to {$toEmails} failed:");
  3. Replace:
    $transport->stop();
    \XF::logException($e, false, "Email to {$toEmails} failed:");
Assuming you are getting 503 sender already given error right after some different error.

I also have this same problem..

View attachment 246065
You don't seem to have this exact error: Sender already given

I just tried to verify your email and failed with reason: MailboxDoesNotExist
You seem to have problems with your email server.

I'm going to resurrect this thread because I am having the same issue. I'm not inclined to make changes to the Mailer.php code, but I'm hoping someone might have some idea where to look in m y configuration/ setup for what might be causing this? Here are the details:

• Swift_TransportException: Email to (redacted)@btinternet.com failed: Expected response code 250 but got code "503", with message "503 sender already given "
  • src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php:457
Here is the stack trace:

Code:
#0 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(341): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->assertResponseCode('503 sender alre...', Array)
#1 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/EsmtpTransport.php(305): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->executeCommand('MAIL FROM:<boun...', Array, Array, false, NULL)
#2 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(390): Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport->executeCommand('DATA
', Array, Array)
#3 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(497): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->doDataCommand(Array)
#4 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(516): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->doMailTransaction(Object(Swift_Message), 'bounce+b0bdf689...', Array, Array)
#5 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(206): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->sendTo(Object(Swift_Message), 'bounce+b0bdf689...', Array, Array)
#6 src/XF/Mail/Mailer.php(304): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->send(Object(Swift_Message), Array)
#7 src/XF/Mail/Queue.php(138): XF\Mail\Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message), Object(Swift_SmtpTransport), Array)
#8 src/XF/Job/MailQueue.php(12): XF\Mail\Queue->run(8)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): XF\Job\MailQueue->run(8)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#12 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#13 {main}

And here is the Request State:

Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(18) "/community/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(42) "https://www.britishcarforum.com/community/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

This only happens sporadically so I'm not sure if it's a problem or...? If anyone has an idea what is causing this I'l appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Top Bottom