Exempt staff from being ignored in conversations

Ozzy47

Dealing with conversations that a staff member has started, if a member chooses the "ignore future messages" when leaving a conversation, this allows them to ignore staff.

Sometimes a staff member may issue warnings and get a nasty reply back. Should that member send a the nasty reply and then chooses the "ignore future messages", my reply back to them gets ignored and I don't realize it. This could make for some issues when disciplining members.

Upvote 9
Would be great to have a permission to enable Leave Conversation and Ignore Replies by Group, which would solve this problem.

Would be great to have a permission to enable Leave Conversation and Ignore Replies by Group, which would solve this problem.
A permission to Ignore Replies maybe, but not one for for leaving a conversation. Leaving if XenForo's way of tidying up your Inbox - sort of deleting (though not actually deleting unless everyone leaves the conversation) and removing it from your Inbox. If someone replies to a conversation you have not ignored, it will appear back in your Inbox, so I think an Ignore permission would be sufficient.

I'm suggesting a permission to remove the ability to not accept replies not the ability to leave a conversation. If all conversation participants leave (and accept replies) the conversation will still be deleted, correct?

What I'm suggesting is adding a permission to not allow most groups (e.g. members) to not accept replies. They could still leave conversations.

We've just run into this as well. Member sends snippy reply to a staff member and leaves the conversation. Staff member is now unable to reply. Staff members should be able to reply to the individual. Some members know this is the default behavior and abuse this.

Top Bottom