XF 2.2 Exclude certain users/groups from getting mentioned?

Black Tiger

I'm just wondering. Maybe certain users or certain users in a group (like mods or admins) might not want to be mentioned all te time c.q. get mention notices.
Is there a way to prevent this for example like exclude certain groups from the mentioning system?

Might be an interesting option for some busy forums. Not for me, I was just curious if this was an existing option, so it's not.
Thanks for your quick answer!

I'm just wondering. Maybe certain users or certain users in a group (like mods or admins) might not want to be mentioned all te time c.q. get mention notices.
Sounds reasonable until you think about the downside. people will wonder why you are being rude and not responding.

We already had this when we discoveed mentions don't work with edits. People expected them to so got annoyed when they didn't get repsonses. There is an add-on for this issue, ( I think it's User mention improvements)

people will wonder why you are being rude and not responding.
Depends on the kind of people. And it's also possible to add some text (in rules or something) stating why the mentioning for that/those group(s) is disabled and that everybody will be helped in turn as far as possible. But that the load of mentionings work distracting and disturbing.
I'm sure people would understand that.

Indeed maybe that addon has that option. I don't know. But I don't feel like testing that since I was only wondering due to something on a commercial business forum, where maybe admins would not like to be mentioned because they have other employees and mods which are answering the questions.
Seemed more customer friendly to me that they are not being able to be mentioned than that they could be mentioned but just almost never answer. ;)

Top Bottom