1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 excel cannot download the information you requested

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by rwm1962, May 12, 2016.

1. rwm1962

rwm1962 Active Member

Hi - we have a spreadsheet on our forum in 2 formats - ods & xls. They contain hyperlinks to posts or images on the forum.

The ODS file works great but the excel gives
    I've done some digging & can find reference to the issue in IE here but think it may apply to other browsers.

In particular :
    I'm way out of my depth with this. Can anyone please point me in the right direction to confirm & find this & advice if removing it would cause other issues?

Thanks in advance.
  2. rwm1962

rwm1962 Active Member

I forgot to mention - putting links into the excel file to other sites eg google worked fine.
  3. rwm1962

rwm1962 Active Member

Thinking it may be something server side as tried adding links to other XF sites & they work fine. However I can link to my other sites on the server. Any ideas?
  4. rwm1962

rwm1962 Active Member

OK - it's seems to be something in XF excel doesn't like. I can link to any post in my forum that doesn't require a login - ie is guest viewable. Any post that requires a log in to access throws back:

5. rwm1962

rwm1962 Active Member

Coincidently I found 'header("Pragma: no-cache");' in a php file of my cubecart install looking at something else today. Is there anything like this anywhere in the XF files?