Exactly how "easy" is XenForo to use?

Ritzycat

Hello! I have seen several different gaming servers use XenForo as a software for their websites/forums, and I really like it. I am considering doing the same, but I am not exactly too sure on how "accessible" it is to someone like me who has very little coding/programming experience.

I've used IP.Board in the past, and although I was able to create some simple things, I was sort of limited in the scope because it was a bit complex to install plugins from their marketplace and other sources...

I don't really like having to work on a website TOO long - But I've used IPB for a while and I'd like to be able to make something better, and I was wondering if that'd be easier through XenForo.

Also, another question - What does the $50 Installation Service actually do? It says, "A XenForo representative will install the latest version on your server, provided it meets the requirements. This does not include PHP or MySQL installation or configuration."

I don't understand what this means, and would installing it myself be a hassle at all or something?

XenForo is extremely easy to use. In my own opinion I think it is easier than IPB and vBulletin. Installing it yourself would not be a hassle, well for me it wouldn't be. But If you could install IPB on your own, then you could defiantly install XenForo without trouble.

Hello! I have seen several different gaming servers use XenForo as a software for their websites/forums, and I really like it. I am considering doing the same, but I am not exactly too sure on how "accessible" it is to someone like me who has very little coding/programming experience.

I've used IP.Board in the past, and although I was able to create some simple things, I was sort of limited in the scope because it was a bit complex to install plugins from their marketplace and other sources...

I don't really like having to work on a website TOO long - But I've used IPB for a while and I'd like to be able to make something better, and I was wondering if that'd be easier through XenForo.

Also, another question - What does the $50 Installation Service actually do? It says, "A XenForo representative will install the latest version on your server, provided it meets the requirements. This does not include PHP or MySQL installation or configuration."

I don't understand what this means, and would installing it myself be a hassle at all or something?

Xenforo is significantly easier in my opinion to use. Installing it shouldn't be an issue and is a straight forward process, and as Matthew stated, if your able to install other software you mentioned with ease you won't have an issue with xenforo.

If your referring to styles and modifying them (that you don't like spending too much time on) then xenforo makes it easier for you. If your css savy you can make significant changes to your site with ease and use EXTRA.CSS, Style properties and the color palette. I've never had an upgrade take more than 5 minutes of my time when updating styles to the latest version of xenforo so with that regard, if it's time you don't like spending too long on then xenforo fits your needs.

The installation service is just something xenforo offers but you'll find that you'll be more than capable of doing this yourself as it's really that easy to do.

Check out the resource manager (resources tab at the top of the forum) and you'll find many guides, template enhancements and many other things that are going to make your life easier if you run into any issues. There's also support forums your able to use and any issues you might have will be promptly met with quick solutions from both staff and the helpful xenforo community. You'll be taken care of the support here is superb. :)

Very easy to use. Many things are made easy, and the good thing is you don't need to be a programmer, styler, or technician to learn how to use the software.

The $50 installation service is one that is provided by XenForo to install the software. :)

There are other members, including myself, who provide installation services for the community as well. You can check out the Third Party Service Offers area for more info.

On a shared server usually PHP, MySQL are already installed, you don't have to worry about them.
On a dedicated server there's no PHP, MySQL, you have to install them yourself.

Top Bottom