Events / Triggers list for Xenforo ?

vlom31

Hi there,

Is there any sort of comprehensive list of all the events happening in xenforo ?

I want to implement MixPanel to track all the events, like user signin up, creating thread, posting a message, liking a post etc ... do I have to go looking for these events in the hard code or is there an easier way ?

Cheers,
Mehdi

Not really. But the code is somewhat self-documenting if you look through the controllers:

library/XenForo/ControllerPublic

Every action has a controller function.

Cool thanx !

Do you know how modifying the controller files might be affected by future xenforo updates of my forum ?

Will I have to remodify them at each update or is this something that's handled ?

Mehdi

Cool thanx !

Do you know how modifying the controller files might be affected by future xenforo updates of my forum ?

Will I have to remodify them at each update or is this something that's handled ?

Mehdi
The correct way to "hook" into a controller, or other parts of the core, is by creating an add-on and using Event Listeners. Editing the actual XenForo files (such as the controller files) will require you to re-edit them after each upgrade and isn't the recommended way to do things.

There are some guides on here for creating add-ons and there are countless free add-ons you can download to see how they work.

Thanx a lot @thedude , I figured but my previous developer did it in the code of the xenforo files ... i'm redoing all of it so I'll fix it and use the correct method from now on.

Mehdi

Top Bottom