Europes Largest Paintball Forum finally turns on Xenforo!

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
As of an hour ago the P8ntballer Forums, Europes Largest Paintball Forum has finally moved over to XenForo and come online.

It has taken approximately 36 hours of downtime, however, it has to be said the actual transfer of data itself only took around 6 hours, but we were taking extra care along the way, including multiple dumps of the database and extensive checks to ensure all data had transfered correctly.
On top of this, we have had an extensive re-organisation and changes made across multiple aspects of the site, which meant a lot of re-checking and permissions changes.

Whilst the final configuration is still probably a few days off, and we have many things left to implement, at this point we were happy enough to re-open the forums to our members and the public whilst the final changes were applied.

I welcome you all to have a look around, register if you so desire and introduce yourself to the paintball community, we have people who have only played once with friends, to proffessional world class players and managers as part of the site.

Our thanks goes to Kier, Mike and Ashley for producing such a high quality piece of software which is a pleasure to manage and interact with. Some bottles of you know what will be on their way courtesy of the site shortly :)

Thanks to Brogan for being an information powerhouse, getting the important information to those who needed it.

Thanks to Robbo, for help in creating the many custom scripts and importers we needed to transfer many parts of the site over.

Thanks to Graeme from XenFocus for help with the skin, especially the site wide right hand advertisers column.

And thankyou to every member of XenForo still supporting the best software there is :)

If you find any bugs, or have any suggestions for our site, please let us know, but I hope to see you on there soon!

The dark days of vBulletin are over. Time to finally enjoy the golden XenForo era. :)

Xentrader .. cool.

the avatar for p8ntballer.com is heavy on the bland.

style - nice clean design.

I see everyone's likes are zero.
I wonder if you could write a script to approximate everyone's likes based on past forum participation ?

Robbo
Administrator from London
Robbo was last seen: Yesterday at 2:13 PM

well, seems like trophy points covers that.
good job on that.

in your postbit.
you display this:
Message Count:11,623
would it look less weird like this ?
Message Count:11,623
I dunno. minor point anyway. :p

Like the site. Ads are prominent, but not overbearing.

Overall: great work. I bet your members will love it.

The likes are "in the works".

Due to the import proccess, we had to chose to import subscriptions OR likes.

subscriptions were more important :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Congratulations!

The theme could use some personality. Right now, the site could be about anything -- politics, tomatoes, coffee growing, or wine tasting. I'd go with a paintball splatter background, a woodsy silhouette banner, and some color to the subforum icons. Just my opinion of course.

Congratulations!

The theme could use some personality. Right now, the site could be about anything -- politics, tomatoes, coffee growing, or wine tasting. I'd go with a paintball splatter background, a woodsy silhouette banner, and some color to the subforum icons. Just my opinion of course.

Thanks for the input. But it is how we differentiate ourselfs from the market, every paintball site has stuff like that in, when people come to P8nt they do so because they enjoy the extra "class" we give them :)

Top Bottom