Eternal Gaming-Age Forums

BluRayHiDef

I've been an avid user of internet forums since 2008, when I stumbled upon a website named GameTrailers. After viewing a few of its...game trailers, I came to really like the site and decided to browse its forum. Since I had never used a forum before, I was delighted to see that it was a place where people with common interests, namely video games, could gather to talk. I also found the setup to be very cool: a custom username, avatar, and signature that enabled users to take on a persona of their liking. Anyhow, I posted on those forums up until about 2011; afterwards, I used several other forums, such as GameSpot, SuperHeroHype, and NeoGAF. However, while I liked these sites, I hated how draconian they were; their rules were vague yet strict, hence a user could be banned for trolling simply for posting their honest opinion about a subject without actually intending to antagonize anyone.

Subsequently, I gained a desire to create my own gaming forum where the rules are what I consider to be fair. One of the most important aspect of the rules that I've set up is the lack of a general, vague rule against trolling since what constitutes trolling can be subjective; instead, I have put forth very specific rules that prohibit antagonistic behavior (e.g. insulting other users; criticizing other users' comments in an insulting and non-constructive manner; declaring or wishing violence against others; etc). Also, there are no violations that can result in permanent bans, excluding declarations or wishes of violence against others and overtly hateful and discriminatory attitudes.

The site that I've created is EternalGAF, which means Eternal Gaming-Age Forums. It's been up for about a week now, and I'd be delighted if people joined it and helped it grow into a very active online community where people don't have to be worry about being unjustly penalized for expressing themselves.

I'm currently using two variations of Nulumia's XenDark theme, which are customizations that I created; one is tailored for browsing in bright environments and the other is tailored for browsing in dim environments. I think that both variations look cool yet simple and organized.

Tebrikler ve sizi destekliyorum, umarım başarılı sonuçlar alırsınız. It is doomed to perish where there is no justice

Desteğiniz için teşekkür eder, başarılar dilerim. Ayrıca, forumlarımda adalet olacağını garanti edeceğim! Bu arada yazınızı anlamak ve bu cevabı vermek için Google Translate'i kullandım.

Thank you for your support and wish for my success. Also, I will assure that there will be justice in my forums! By the way, I used Google Translate to understand your post and to make this reply.

I visited your site. I see that it's about babies. Are you a pediatrician or do you work in another field that pertains to children?
No, I'm a journalist. But I have two babies. When I had my first baby, I thought why not start a baby community to help people. Informing people, helping etc.

I have also been in the internet world since 1995. I started hanging out with ircs and finally learned to be a web master by cooking there. The systems I used before were open source wordpress, mybb, phbb, smf. They hacked my 12-13 site. After so many attacks, I decided to start this project with mybb and switch to xenforo. Because xenforo is the most reliable software in the world

I have also been in the internet world since 1995. I started hanging out with ircs and finally learned to be a web master by cooking there. The systems I used before were open source wordpress, mybb, phbb, smf. They hacked my 12-13 site. After so many attacks, I decided to start this project with mybb and switch to xenforo. Because xenforo is the most reliable software in the world
where do you live my friend @BluRayHiDef
Since you ran a site back in the 90s, I'm guessing that you had your own servers (since server hosting wasn't available back then). How difficult is it to manage servers?

I live in the United States.

Top Bottom