ES vs. Sphinx

Gladius

Any direct comparisons so far? From what I've read, Sphinx is much more efficient in several (all?) aspects than ES so it makes me wonder why XF's gone with ES...

That sounds great... how'd you manage that? The last big conversion I did took most of the day...

How soon do you think you'll be able to start releasing this stuff?

There's no timeframe/eta... although I'll probably put out the master/slave DB support thing in the next day or so since it doesn't need much as far as clean up (not like there are any templates or any phrases for it).

One thing I did not like at ALL about ElasticSearch was earlier today when my web servers were stuck in an infinite loop and the load on the servers shot up to like 70 or 80 for a bit, all 4 ES nodes just decided to shut down it's process (totally quit, not just idle). Maybe it's really an issue with the Java wrapper or something, but it becomes an ES issue inherently.

One thing I did not like at ALL about ElasticSearch was earlier today when my web servers were stuck in an infinite loop and the load on the servers shot up to like 70 or 80 for a bit, all 4 ES nodes just decided to shut down it's process (totally quit, not just idle). Maybe it's really an issue with the Java wrapper or something, but it becomes an ES issue inherently.

Our ES shuts down whenever it feels like it...so I can relate! Sphinx was stubborn in that respect--it took a lot to kill it. :D

Top Bottom