ES 2.4.1 - PHP 7.0.12 - XFES 1.1.5 - Every search counts x5 in ACP > Tools > Elasticsearch Setup

CTXMedia

I've upgraded to Debian Jessie (8) on my server today and when I do a single search on any of the three XF forums installed on it, the "Searches" and "Fetches" count both increase by a value of 5 (instead of the expected 1).

Anyone come across this before or know what's wrong?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I haven't looked into detail at how ES generates these numbers (we're really just using what it gives), but I suspect if you're using sharding, it may count each shard individually.

I haven't looked into detail at how ES generates these numbers (we're really just using what it gives), but I suspect if you're using sharding, it may count each shard individually.
Thanks Mike - I'll look into that later - you may be onto something there; it's working fine, so not a major concern, just wondered why it might be behaving differently than before. (y)

This is to be expected, as each shard is a Lucene instance and a query is applied to every active shard and results gathered at the node you queried. And the document count is over every active shard and every replica. So if you have a replica count of 1, the total document count will be twice the number of items indexed.

Looks like it is shards - from elasticsearch.yml:
Rich (BB code):
# Set the number of shards (splits) of an index (5 by default):
#
# index.number_of_shards: 5
So nothing to be alarmed about and not worth spending any time on. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Top Bottom