1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Error when rebuilding Search Caches.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by SamBrereton, Oct 7, 2012.

1. SamBrereton

SamBrereton Member

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue with a Xenforo installation (1.1.3) hosted on one of my servers.

When attempting to rebuild the Search Caches, it stops with an "Error has occurred" then spits out this PHP Error message.

Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in /home/*****/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php on line 543
    The server is running Apache 2.2, PHP5.3 and is administered using cPanel/WHM. I would also mention that Suhosin and suPHP are in use. However even with Suhosin and suPHP disabled I get the error.

The Xenforo File Check shows up negative, and all files are correct.

So any ideas as to what the issue could be?

If you need any further details let me know.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That file only has 282 lines. Has that file been modified? Curious that the file check shows no problems.

Do you have a PHP cache installed like APC? This might be a corrupted cache. A restart of the server should clear that up.
  3. SamBrereton

SamBrereton Member

No, unfortunately APC is not installed.

Definitely has 500+ lines.
  4. Insy

Insy Well-Known Member

We are talking about the same file 'Abstract.php' ?
    Jake Bunce likes this.
  5. SamBrereton

SamBrereton Member

Yes. Replaced it with the file from the install zip I just downloaded from the Customer Area and it still presents the same issue.
  6. Insy

Insy Well-Known Member

Have you enabled a cache into library/config.php ? If so, disable it.
    If you have any cache file in internal_data, delete them.

Why did you say:
  7. SamBrereton

SamBrereton Member

Did all that, still get the error.