error when inline editing certain thread titles

tenants

Sometimes I can't even launch the edit overlay (I've tried this on 3 forums)

This seems to be an environment specific bug

I found this when the title contained: LS BD WF

I've added an example here: xenforo.com/community/threads/ls-bd-wf.50040

Can you please try editing the posts / lanching anything that creates an overlay from that post

Changing the name of the thread title, allows you to edit the thread, so it is definately realted to the thread title

More about the error message when trying to edit this post, you don't seen the error message,
it actually looks much worse (the entire user interface is skewed, containers within containers... and you cant see the error)

skewedness.webp

but I got the error message from the firebug response:

Code:
GET http://example.com/posts/12095/edit-inline?&_xfRequestUri=/threads/ls-bd-wf.6837/&_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfToken=1,1368086312,1d0f53cb4d48578f7a02d587033e2da60d5cf5f4&_xfResponseType=json
/posts/12095 501 (Method Not Implemented) jquery.min.js:16
send jquery.min.js:16
d.extend.ajax jquery.min.js:16
c.extend.ajax xenforo.js:194
XenForo.OverlayLoader.load xenforo.js:244
XenForo.OverlayTrigger.show xenforo.js:240
(anonymous function) xenforo.js:175
d.event.handle jquery.min.js:16
k.handle.m

XenForo.activate(
#document
)example.com:191
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'split' of undefined example.com:45
XHR finished loading: "[URL]http://example.com/js/tinymce/tiny_mce.js?_v=bba17b4a&_=1368085756108[/URL]". jquery.min.js:16
XenForo editor message12095_58280025,
[context: document, selector: "#message12095_58280025_html", constructor: function, init: function, selector: ""…]
example.com:8
XenForo.activate(
[div.xenOverlay __XenForoActivator, constructor: function, init: function, selector: "", jquery: "1.5.2", size: function…]
) example.com:191
XenForo.InlineMessageEditor is not a function.
example.com:191
Uncaught TypeError: Property 'undefined' of object #<Object> is not a function

I think it is related to thexfRequerstUri params, and the subsequent split... so I think it's a limit when the title size of the first string is less than 3 (I'm pulling at straws),

• I'll try turning off mod security to retest it
This forum has virtually no plugins (no plugins that interfere with posts / threads)

• But I will also try without any of them switched on

no, mod security is turned off:

#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#SecFilterEngine Off
#SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

and all plugins are turned off...

And I still see this issue on several different servers (it doesn't happen locally on my windows test environment, and doesnt seem to happen here, but happens on several different Unix environments)

I think this is an environment specific bug, and happens with default installs of MySQL (where it is not possible to search for strings less than 3 characters... but I am guessing this bit)

The first error it runs into is a 501 for edit-inline:
The server does not support the functionality required to fulfill the request. This is the appropriate response when the server does not recognize the request method and is not capable of supporting it for any resource.

I've added an example to one of my sites, this site is pretty much a test environemt (It's a spam trap enviroment, it's hardly used by reall people)

If you need to see / test this bug, I can send you the link / an admin account
This happens on both XF 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 (and possibly pre 1.1.3)

mod_security is turned off on this environment

More about this bug...

It's acutally when the thread title starts with ls<space>

so

LS XXX will cause this bug
LS BD WF will cause this bug
XX LS XXX will not cause this bug

I thought I would go on a whim.. and try a few more threads starting with unix commands

A thread title starting with chmod also causes this issue... this is looking more like a server security option (but mod_security is turned off)

A security rule, you'll need to talk to your host, but one of their server security rules wasn't allowing GET/POSTs when the request starts with a unix command.

Top Bottom