XF 1.4 Error Uploading Files: You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Star Raider

Hi Everyone!

I'm not sure you guys can help me with this problem, but ever since I removed the an old version of the Widgets plugin, it seems multiple issues have started on my forums.

One Issue i'm trying to fix right now is the inability to upload files to posts or conversations:
pic1.webp

I have checked my node permissions, as seen here:
pic2.webp

and global permissions here:
pic3.webp

I have also made sure all my files in the data and internal data are set to 755 (directories) 644 (files). I have done a Xenforo file check and that came back clean. I have cleaned all my caches and those returned back normal and done. I have also attempted disabling, and then deleting all addons/plugins and the issue still persisted. I have noticed some plugins no longer work, such as my banner plugin. They do not show up like their supposed to. So I wonder if it is a problem with the default Xenforo Addon.

As a result of not being able to fix this issue, I restored all the files on the server to a previous day. This resulted in no change. But as soon as I restored the SQL to the same previous day, the issues seemed to be resolved, but I lost all my content (Obviously due to the post, etc. storage on the SQL Database.)

I have extensively tried to resolve this issue to no avail and could really use some help in solving this problem. Please let me know if you have any suggestions...

Last edited:
but ever since I removed the an old version of the Widgets plugin, it seems multiple issues have started on my forums.
You might have corrupted permissions or templates.

Go to yourforum.com/install , then Rebuild Master Data. See if that helps - you won't lose any forum content or data.

Top Bottom