XF 1.5 Error: Please Enter a Valid Message

stacy.c

I just upgraded my test site from 1.4.4 to 1.5.6 and everything seems to have gone smoothly. When I enter a post and save it I get the popup message below. Also, all existing posts appear to be empty, but if I go into Edit mode I can see the post data.

By the way, this error message was already happening in 1.4.4 — I thought maybe the upgrade would resolve the issue, but it didn’t. The last thing I did before getting this error was install the Font Awesome add-on. I have since removed it but the error persists.

Can anyone please advise on what may have happened and how I can resolve it? Thanks...

error.webp

Try the "File Health Check" tool in the Admin CP to make sure all files were uploaded correctly.

If so, test it in a completely default unedited style. If that works, then it is one of your template edits causing problems. If it still doesn't work, try with add-ons disabled. If that works, then it is one of your add-ons causing problems.

Thanks for the responses @Jeremy P.

File health checks out OK.

I disabled the theme I have been using and selected the Default Style, but the appearance does not change. Not sure what I'm missing there...

Thanks for the responses @Jeremy P.

File health checks out OK.

I disabled the theme I have been using and selected the Default Style, but the appearance does not change. Not sure what I'm missing there...
Create a new style in the Admin CP with no parent, name it whatever you like. You don't have to allow user selection if you don't want your members to see it.

Then, go to the frontend and select it in the style picker. It should resemble the style on these forums.

Last edited:
I disabled all add-ons and then re-enabled them one at a time. I seem to have it narrowed down to the "sonnb - Profanity Filter" -- even after upgrading it to the latest version it still breaks the ability to enter new posts.

I will try creating a new style and see if this plugin still creates the issue.

Top Bottom