1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Error "lock wait timeout exceeded: while trying to disable template modifications

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by tonnyz, Jan 20, 2015.

1. tonnyz

tonnyz Member

I encountered this very error while trying to uncheck my template modifications (the one inside http://mysite/community/admin.php?template-modifications/)

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction - library\Zend\Db\Statement\Mysqli.php:215
    No change is able to be saved for the template modification's checkbox after this error

I'm running XF1.3.3 in localhost. What should I do here ? thx :)
  2. tonnyz

tonnyz Member

Update for this: sometimes it'll save the change I made, and sometimes not: as if the server error above occurs fortuitously.

What might be causing this ?
    #sigh, this really gonna be a long waiting for changing this. :(
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You may need to tune various MySQL and PHP settings on your localhost.

I would also recommend upgrading to the latest XenForo version.
  4. tonnyz

tonnyz Member

Could you be more specific for this one , please ? :)
  5. Brogan

Not really.

It's unlikely your computer is optimised to run a server stack so you may have to tune it accordingly.
  6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

yeah, you will need to tune your my.cnf and your php.ini in your localhost. ;)

The settings will depend on your setup - that's why nobody can tell you exactly what to put.
    tonnyz likes this.
  7. tonnyz

tonnyz Member

Ow, I see..
    Where should I find the conf.my ? I tried searching it inside my XAMPP folder without any result .
  8. Brogan

tonnyz likes this.
  9. tonnyz

tonnyz Member

ok, thx :)

I'm trying experimenting with this now :D