XF 2.2 Error filling up logs "not within the allowed path(s)"

Rushster

Hi guys

We started to see our error logs filling up with

File(/hc/data) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/site/:/tmp/) in /var/www/vhosts/site.com/httpdocs/forums/src/XF/LocalFsAdapter.php on line 17'

Thre are other similar errors which I can't actually easily get out the logs due to their size now.

Does anyone know how we can stop this? We only noticed it about a week ago and I can't find what is causing the error

Last edited:
I have already contacted them. They said fix the script.

I know I could set the basedir to none on Plesk but not sure what security implications that might have and whether it would actually resolve it.

So I have got a message back. I couldn't find the hc/data path the error spits out when searching the server dirs incidentally. With that in mind, I got this message back.
The syntax they're using is wrong and will try and access the root of the server, not a relative path (due to using a proceeding forward slash). By "server issue" they may mean that we can disable open_basedir - we can, but that would be both a bad idea (for security reasons) and also not resolve the issue as the site would still be trying to access a folder that won't exist and thus will still fail regardless.

Really kind of stuck.

Update: I may have found the problem in a piece of code that is causing this. Not a XF issue it seems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom