Er der andre danskere herinde ..

Not Danish but I did live there for a while :)

And ? - Indeed a nice country or what? ..

I have created this thread in the wish of others to write danish with - I am so tired of writing in English - and have so much on my mind to ask about and maybe I hoped there were some Danes or Scandinavia people in here - because I explained myself better in the language. Do not misunderstand me - have nothing against English, but I'm just not strong in it and need to much time to get something viable out of it.

One of my favourite countries - I wished I could have stayed longer.

I did try and learn some Danish but it was one of the more difficult languages I attempted.
I'll bow out now and hopefully some more Danes will be along soon :)

Og tak fordi du kiggede ind
tongue.png

Vi bor i Danmark, men jeg taler ikke so godt dansk. Moske vil min kone svarer?

I'm originally Dutch, and while able to understand Danish, I'm not comfortable writing it yet. Posssibly also caused by not wanting to punish myself professionally by using a Danish keyboard for programming (seriously, any C-based langauge is horrible to work with on a Danish keyboard). But to answer the question, no, we're not live yet with any of our boards. We have three licenses, and while working behind the scenes, there's still work left before we can make the switch. When we do, though, I do expect to pick up some additional licenses, though.

Oh, and no, I have to admit that I don't like Denmark that much. Too cold, people talk weird, and taxes are too high. OTOH, traffic here is far better than in Holland, I can drive and keep my eyes on the road rather than on the speedometer, and I like the way you guys handle your foreign policies when it comes to threats from certain areas. That, and the Danes like Runrig. Guess I'm stuck here after all :D (my wife will ensure it won't be that much of a burden, I assume).

Danish, I'm not comfortable writing it yet

Exactly the reverse world of me - it is almost pure torture when I try to be in English with help of dictionaries and what else of existing tools.

Too cold, people talk weird, and taxes are too high

To cold - Nah - We have the perfect weather condition - look around the world - are certainly not jealous of other parts of the world and their injuries with the weather. Do we talk wierd
eek.png
have you forgotten how a dutch is talking?
wink.png
and taxes - lets us not talk about that - I give you 100% in that, why give 75% of every 1 krone to the community - oh, we have free doctors, hospitals, school and others things like maternity, sickness benefits, cash assistance and other take care of people stuff.

Guess I'm stuck here after all

Yeah - Its not that bad at all - our little country with about approximately 5.4 million people live in Denmark, making it the most densely populated nation in Northern Europe. 1,7 million live in the Copenhagen metropolitan area..

But EntropiaPlanets - Nice to say hello to you
beer.gif

Exactly the reverse world of me - it is almost pure torture when I try to be in English with help of dictionaries and what else of existing tools.

But I don't have to use a special keyboard for English ;)

To cold - Nah - We have the perfect weather condition - look around the world - are certainly not jealous of other parts of the world and their injuries with the weather. Do we talk wierd :eek: have you forgotten how a dutch is talking? ;) and taxes - lets us not talk about that - I give you 100% in that, why give 75% of every 1 krone to the community - oh, we have free doctors, hospitals, school and others things like maternity, sickness benefits, cash assistance and other take care of people stuff.

Well. I still think it's bloody cold here, and I submit to you that the most often heard sentence in Denmark is "Hvad sager du?". Even Danes have trouble understanding one another ;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As for the social services. Sure, all of that is great, if you cannot take care of yourself. But a government will never be able to supply me with a better package of insurance and protection than I possibly can myself. While certain social policies might have their merits, and while I absolutely support that a society takes care of those among it that were handed a bad hand of cards by life, I'd much prefer to take care of myself and my family. Give me Galt's Gulch any day over a system of relying on the government to look after me (cause they never will do as efficient a job), and thus a whole part of society that will never be able to take care of itself, because it completely and totally relies on handouts.A social security system ought to be a safety net, but in many European countries, they turned into hammocks.

Anyways, let's not go there.

Yeah - Its not that bad at all - our little country with about approximately 5.4 million people live in Denmark, making it the most densely populated nation in Northern Europe. 1,7 million live in the Copenhagen metropolitan area..

But EntropiaPlanets - Nice to say hello to you
beer.gif

Holland is the same size, and has 11 million more. I still cringe every time we go back to visit my parents (and they even live in a quiet part of Holland. Where I lived before I jumped here, in the big Dutch cities, it's way too crowded, and you can tell by people's behaviour. In Denmark, people actually stop at a zebra crossing. Danes are also more closed than the Dutch, which is something I still have to get used to. In Holland, it's perfeclty okay to comment to a perfect starnger in a supermarket. In Denmark, people will assume you're drunk or nuts if you do *L* In Holland I spent 3 hours a day in traffic (at least!) every work day, for a trip that shouldn't take more than 20 minutes in normal conditions.

So yeah, ups and downs.

Skoll!

I shared a house with a Danish guy for a while here in Sydney :p

the only thing I can remember from our Danish lessons was a rude thing to say to Swedes :p lol

Top Bottom