1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Energy drinks

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kyrgyz, Sep 23, 2010.

1. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

Few months ago I started consuming energy drinks. At first, I would get a good kick; but now I can't say that. I have tried many different brands and flavors. My favorite is Low-Carb Monster. Do you chug energy drinks to get your day going?

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Get more sleep! I use to drink energy drinks quite often but once you drink them too much as you experienced the kick goes away. More sleep, exercise and some morning coffee does it for me.

IF I do buy one it's Amp or Low-Carb Monster

3. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

That's the luxury I can't afford. Someone once said: "You'll have plenty of time to sleep later [meaning death]" I try to stay busy and sleep enough but not more.

4. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Nope... seen people have negative side effects from them and refuse to touch the things. I just stick to coffee, staying healthy and exercise... that gives me heaps of energy.

5. Sir nick

Sir nick Well-Known Member

I prefer a venom/monster or rockstar

6. I do on occasion drink a few energy drinks, but the reason I mainly don't is the price. I don't want to pay 2-3 dollars for 20-24 oz can of something when I can turn that into a two liter bottle of pop, or a 32 oz bottle of powerade with still 1-2 dollars left over. Every once in a while, I'll buy a few. I just honestly don't think the caffeine and sugar really affect me, I just like the taste.

7. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I don't see any reason to try energy drinks, and the random chance I did drink one (usually Red Bull during their free giveaways) my stomach ended up hurting for some time after that.

So definitely not a fan. :p

Dragonfly likes this.
  8. Danny.VBT

Danny.VBT Active Member

Although I much prefer coffee or tea, I have had Red Bulls, 5 Hour Energy, AMP and the like when I needed a serious dose of caffeine to get my course work done. I like when Red Bull when it is chilled properly the best.

9. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

Ar room temperature they all taste like crap. That's definite.

10. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Hate them myself, taste like c**p and the ones I've tried did bugger all ... much better to exercise, diet and sleep properly. And I definitely don't let the kids anywhere near them either.

Dragonfly likes this.
  11. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Better off drinking water and staying away from that stuff. You will feel better eventually but you CAN consume too much caffeine and be seriously addicted to it.

Btw, here is a rundown of how much is in the drinks y'all are consuming: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_energy_drinks

Dragonfly likes this.
  12. Acans

Acans Member

Mother and Rockstar are the only ones I drink.

Monster tastes like shampoo and green snakes.

13. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

Instead of spending your money on that snakeoil, send all your cash to me, and in return I'll cast a magic spell over you that will keep you awake for 40 years. I can do it remotely, we don't need to be in the same place.

14. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Hope you don't do it via any MS remote products ... gawd knows what we could end up like :D

15. Lycaon

Lycaon Well-Known Member

Mountain Dew!!!!!!!!!!

16. Defqon

Defqon Member

I know a one guy , who had a heart-attack after drinking a lot of energy drinks ..
    Energy drinks are not giving you more energy but are only consuming your body's energy reserves .

17. Nix

Nix Well-Known Member

If I do have a canned "energy" drink it will be RedBull :D But mostly it's coffee on a daily basis.

18. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

Beth, I am one step closer to giving up on energy drinks thanks to you. Let me just finish whatever left in my two fridges.:cool: