Endless Horizon, A Place for All of your Interests

Bitasy

Last December, me and four others met on an online forum, decided it sucked, and aimed to create our own using our combined knowledge. Thus, about a month and a half later, Endless Horizon was born!

We feature a community where everyone can find a place to fit in and talk about whatever they would like. Thus, we don't have a specific topic: we offer a forum where people can express all of their interests and ideas.

We also have a section for partnerships: other groups or communities can have their own forum section in exchange for referring their members to the forums. We are interested in finding more partners (currently we have only one - a Minecraft Server which is also owned by us).

Check us out, we appreciate the feedback! Endless Horizon

Last edited:
Oh right, I'll also add a screenshot here:
1438228694852screensave_2.png

Ps. Ignore the fading top/bottom button. It appeared while I was trying to take the screenshot, lol.
Please do leave your feedback if you have any!
Thank you!

I have to admit when I first saw your theme, it reminded me of a farming or health general well-being community.

Header is warm and inviting. (y)

But I find the white transparent backgrounds look "washed-out" and lacking contrast. Maybe find a darker colour? Could be tricky if you want to maintain the transparent effect though.

Thanks for the feedback ;)

As for the header, gotta thank our designer for the idea (and for the design itself), lol.

Yeah, we've been trying to figure out a better alternative for the white background, but it was simply too tricky. Oh well, for the time being, we simply decreased the opacity by a little bit. It looked slightly darker than before now. But indeed, it still feel somewhat washed-out or something.

Couple things I noticed..

Very, very slow to load. 4+ seconds for every page, mostly waiting for a response.
The logo looks rather low quality.
Welcome message hasn't been customized.

Very, very slow to load. 4+ seconds for every page, mostly waiting for a response.
Yes indeed. It's mostly related with our current web host (latency issue, it's not a US server). The server generates the page with fine speed though.
But well, we are already planning to move to Linode. Hopefully in October. We've also done a test in advance and setup similar XenForo board with the current one, and fortunately it loaded in +/- 1 second.
The logo looks rather low quality.
It actually looks alright from here though. Although we actually did compress it with compressor.io, but we made the resolution slightly larger than the container to make sure it looks smooth.
Welcome message hasn't been customized.
Indeed. To be honest we haven't thought much about customizing it since we thought it was just fine. But well, noted, we'll try to come up with some idea for that one soon. We've updated the welcome block! :)

Thanks for the feedback ;)

Last edited:
Moved my files from Dropbox to Google Drive. And after that I've been using Google Drive primarily. I just noticed that the image here was using the old Dropbox link, and since I'm no longer able to edit the post, I thought I should post a new image. So here we go:
yADl
And new URL: https://www.endlesshorizon.net/ (basically just moved from 'forums' sub-domain to root domain)

Top Bottom