Add-on End Membership Add-On

HSP

Quite disappointing that there is no option for the members to end their membership for a well developed pricey Forum platform like Xenforo.

Is there a free add-on available to solve this issue?

Do you mean the ability to delete their own account?

If so, I believe there is an add-on which does that.

Reactions: HSP
Members can request to have their accounts deleted by administrators, if the site owner permits that.

It's such a rare occurrence I doubt it causes any issues on the vast majority of forums.

majority of forums.

I don't understand this choice not to add the End Membership. Everywhere on the internet you can join and exit whenever you want. The results are that people are not coming back and you get a list of inactive users the Administrator also have to deal with.
Well i had a wacko who felt trapped and misled due the fact she could not leave the forum. Wacko started to share it on social networks that she felt trapped and misled.

You need to pay if you want to get rid of the branding. Very lame there is no standard feature on Xenforo, you can join but you can't exit.

Ah, I used the add-on ages ago so not sure about all that, sorry.

I don't understand this choice not to add the End Membership. Everywhere on the internet you can join and exit whenever you want.
That's generally not the case with forum software (not just XenForo, there are others also don't have a user self delete account option built in).

The results are that people are not coming back and you get a list of inactive users the Administrator also have to deal with.
You get that anyway whether or not there's a self delete option. Some people disappear and don't return and aren't bothered about deleting accounts. You can see this on the likes of Twitter and Facebook which have delete options.

Well i had a wacko who felt trapped and misled due the fact she could not leave the forum. Wacko started to share it on social networks that she felt trapped and misled.
Put something in your Help about how to request account deletion. If you have XenForo 1.5 and you use the new user conversation facility, put the information in the welcome email/conversation that they can request account deletion at any time.

Personally I don't allow account deletion on my site (and I know many other sites don't either). I rename users and remove personal details from their profiles etc. Content (posts etc) aren't deleted as doing so would muck up discussions on the forums. I make it clear in my site policy about this.

What Martok said.

We plainly list in our TOS that the accounts are part of the property of the forum.
There are many reasons for this, including those Martok listed.
People get angry, want to delete, then they want back.
Screws up the discussion threads and info.
Screws up member numbers (think advertisers who want eyeballs)

We have a group for "former members"- they get put into that group and their banner is "Former Member" so people know they are gone.

Top Bottom