Lack of interest Enable toolbar in bbcode (raw) mode?

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Chromaniac

This might have been posted already. Have wondered about this for a long time. Why does XenForo disable editor toolbar when we switch to raw mode? I personally prefer it over the visual mode but have to keep it turned on to access the buttons for quote and link (as keyboard shortcuts also don't work in raw mode).

Just for reference... WordPress classic editor generates BBCODE from the toolbar in HTML mode. Works great!

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just wanted to add something here. Chrome Beta/Dev are now copying rich text from Omnibox. Which means that the links pasted from omnibox are now shared as rich links in Chrome. These links are ignored by the Unfurl feature in XenForo. Instead they are processed by the older feature where title tag of the link is fetched and is linked with the link. This would soon end up in Chrome stable and this should affect more people in future.

It would be great to have a more functional bbcode mode with toolbar enabled (at least with basic buttons enabled, table might be complicated to use in bbcode mode I suppose) so that one can use it as default editor! at the very least... keyboard shortcuts would be very useful! Control+K for instance.

On the other hand, I guess I can get start using markdown more. Just waiting for 2.1.1 release so that at least Control+Enter functionality is back in bbcode mode!

Last edited:
Chrome 73 is in stable and links copied from Chrome omnibox now paste as rich links in XenForo editor. Which are not processed by Unfurl. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom