XF 2.2 "Enable activity summary email" doesn't work?

Anatoliy

I set " Start sending summary email when user has been inactive for " and " Send summary email while user is inactive every " for 7 days.
I created a test user on Aug 18 ( Last activity: Aug 18 ). 10 days gone but still didn't get an activity summary email.

I use smtp. Just checked "Test outbound email" - sent, recieved.

Did I misconfigure something or is it a bug?

this thread tells me that i should also create a test account to verify delivery of activity mails. right now i have no idea if they are going out currently since there are no logs for the same.

also of course... do check if that test user account has the preference enabled!

also of course... do check if that test user account has the preference enabled!
huh, good call! the user didn't have the box "Receive activity summary email" checked. Thanks!
which brings another question - where to configure, that it's checked for members by default? I don't see anything like that in ACP > Setup > Options.

this thread tells me that i should also create a test account to verify delivery of activity mails. right now i have no idea if they are going out currently since there are no logs for the same.
This addon can help you to test without creating a test account.

I am using that addon and I get the mails daily even when no actual inactive members are eligible for mail delivery. It doesn't tell you anything about mails actually being delivered to inactive members. Would be nice to get a log of activity mail summary tbh!

From what I remember from the announcement post, it is enabled as part of get news from forum which is an option at account creation time.
Just created a new test member, and it has "Receive news and update emails" checked, but "Receive activity summary email" unchecked.
I don't think it's logical. Can I change it in admin configs or it hard written somewhere in xF?
That doesn't make sense. No one will go to profile configs to check that box. It has to be checked by default.

Just created a new test member, and it has "Receive news and update emails" checked, but "Receive activity summary email" unchecked.
I don't think it's logical. Can I change it in admin configs or it hard written somewhere in xF?
That doesn't make sense. No one will go to profile configs to check that box. It has to be checked by default.
Checking it by default would be a violation of opt-in practices and you would likely get your site blacklisted as a spam source.

According to the announcement thread, if Receive news and update emails is checked, then activity summary email should also be set.

Anyone having any experience where the Activity Summary emails should be going out, but they're not? I have thousands of users who should be starting to get them. I checked all the settings and everything seems right. Did a test email and that worked. However, my Mailgun shows that they're not being sent...

1603208410454.webp

Same problem here. XF version 2.2.15

Email system does work. But test email of activity summary and real email of the activity summary does not go out.

The users have the AS checked in their settings.

This problem is with 2 different forums. Both newest version.

Top Bottom