Emojis as reactions

Lukas W.

Having a limited set of reactions doesn't seem to be timely anymore. Modern platforms such as discord or slack use a full emoji set as reactions, including all unicode emojis, and any custom emojis. Sometimes, the given 5, 10 or 15 reactions are just not enough. Content varies, and so do emotions that are linked to it. Limiting reactions to a subset heavily limits engagement in my opinion. Allowing the use of all defined emojis for reactions would heavily boost the system in my opinion.

Furthermore, access to this "full set" could be restricted with permissions/criteria, so it could be turned into a premium upgrade functionality. As with custom emojis, I am convinced that people are willing to pay for these little things if given the motivation.

Upvote 11
Having a limited set of reactions doesn't seem to be timely anymore. Modern platforms such as discord or slack use a full emoji set as reactions, including all unicode emojis, and any custom emojis. Sometimes, the given 5, 10 or 15 reactions are just not enough. Content varies, and so do emotions that are linked to it. Limiting reactions to a subset heavily limits engagement in my opinion. Allowing the use of all defined emojis for reactions would heavily boost the system in my opinion.

Furthermore, access to this "full set" could be restricted with permissions/criteria, so it could be turned into a premium upgrade functionality. As with custom emojis, I am convinced that people are willing to pay for these little things if given the motivation.
Good point.

Top Bottom