Embedded Images are not showing for registered?

SEOmers

I've started to encourage members to attach images, rather than use hosts etc.

Anyway. It's cropped up that embedded images are, well, not embedding but showing as thumbnails but if they click it, its forbidden. Its fine for me, and when logged out just registered users, but permission shows as allowed? I'm sure its most likely me having a brain fart?

I've looked at permission etc and nothing is flagging up?

Don't mean to spam this site but the thread about it here https://motovlog.com/threads/meetup-with-lurch-and-his-new-toy.12571/#post-110725

I've tested my registered user account and I get the same as the member but in permissions, it's allowed?

There is a permission for allowing access to attachments and full sized images - 'View attachments to posts'.

That needs to be set to Allow.

As does 'Upload attachments to posts'.

There is a permission for allowing access to attachments and full sized images - 'View attachments to posts'.

That needs to be set to Allow.

As does 'Upload attachments to posts'.

Thats what I've double checked all all user groups have it set to allow but it's still the same, even with dropping cache updating permissions

Works for logged out, me as admin etc - Kinda pondering

Try running the permissions analyzer to determine how the final value is being set.

Found it - I checked what you said but noticed the node permissions, which got the light bulbs going and sorted

Node permission was overriding the usergroup, I think but only in that sub forum (got a user group for that once they've hit a post count)

Top Bottom