1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Embarrassing question - where did I create the variable?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by CrispinP, Apr 28, 2016.

1. CrispinP

CrispinP Active Member

Folks,

While setting XF up for the big move I created, it seems, two variables: {$no_advert_link} and {$no_advert_copy}

I used them as such in one of the templates:
    <a style="text-align: left;" href="{$no_advert_link}">{$no_advert_copy}</a>

I cannot for the life of me find where they are. I need to change the values.
    I've looked in the other templates I created - only two, nothing in there. I've been clicking all around the admincp and cannot seem to find them.

Give me a clue and I'll buy you a beer :rolleyes:

thanks
    Crispin

2. Optic

Optic Well-Known Member

Hello @CrispinP, there's a Template search page in the Admin CP which should help:
    Appearance tab > Search Templates (left sidebar - under Styles & Templates heading)

3. CrispinP

CrispinP Active Member

Hey @Optic

Thanks - that only shows the two templates where I am using the variables. e.g. ad_thread_view_below_messages

I'm struggling to find where I created them and set their values. Stupidest thing ever that I cannot find them :S

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Typically, variables such as that are defined in PHP.

5. CrispinP

CrispinP Active Member

I'm severely lacking in sleep but I cannot for the life of me remember delving into the php to make those.... Having said that, looking now.