XF 2.2 Emails

Resolute

Why am I getting the email as spam for when someone registers to confirm their account?

I did a test sign up, and the email confirmation never came.

How do I fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Check you have everything setup right https://www.mail-tester.com/

Check to see if you have been blacklisted.
https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

New domain? Probably getting sent to spam due to low trust. New domains need to build up trust with email service providers. Some outright block domains registered within the last 30, 60 or 90 days...
I tested my email, 0/10 my domain was registered this week. But originally, it was using my gmail and then in cpanel I made a email my name @ my domain to use with my forums. but that did not change anything.

Is it a bad idea to disable having to confirm when registering for awhile so my site has time and my domain has time to gain trust?

I tested my email, 0/10

Is it a bad idea to disable having to confirm when registering for awhile so my site has time and my domain has time to gain trust?
Disable confirmations and you are inviting spam bots to make your life hell.

Just tested your domain and looked at your records.
SPF, update your TXT record to include the relay server URL "relay.mailchannels.net".
v=spf1 +a +mx +ip4:70.32.23.102 include:relay.mailchannels.net ~all
DKIM does not exist or is incorrectly set up. You also want a DMARC record to tell email services what to do with emails from bad actors.

As your domain is not even 48 hours old, you will have trouble emailing a few services such as Microsoft. They typically block any domain younger than 30 days (my experience). There are guides on how to increase your reputation with their email servers online.
Your best bet is to go look for those guides and start slowly sending emails out to a load of services to start building up a reputation.

How do I do this part? DKIM does not exist or is incorrectly set up. You also want a DMARC record to tell email services what to do with emails from bad actors.

Top Bottom