Email subscription

Email subscription [Paid] 3.3

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Found the import, tried to use it, and got:

Code:
[LIST]
[*]XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'user_name' in 'order clause'
[*] 
[*]src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:212
[*]Generated by: anthony
[*] 
[*]Jun 2, 2018 at 5:44 PM
[/LIST]
Stack trace

SELECT *
        FROM xf_email_subscription
        ORDER BY user_name ASC

------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1054, '42S22')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(39): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1054, '42S22')
#2 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(54): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(79): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#4 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(96): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('\n        SELECT...', Array)
#5 src/addons/Andy/EmailSubscription/Pub/Controller/EmailSubscription.php(251): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->fetchAll('\n        SELECT...')
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Andy\EmailSubscription\Pub\Controller\EmailSubscription->actionImport(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(87): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Andy\\EmailSubsc...', 'Import', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), '', Object(Andy\EmailSubscription\Pub\Controller\EmailSubscription), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#9 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(25) "/emailsubscription/import"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/emailsubscription/import"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I think this needs some serious work for guest signup. Double opt-in is a requirement by law in most countries for email campaigns. This doesn't have it. This allows incomplete email addresses, you can literally signup anyone you want because there is no confirmation process for guests to get your email content.

America changed the original Californian version of opt-in, to an opt-out approach, however, the rest of the world is pretty much opt-in.

I think this needs to be changed honestly so that any guest application is opt-in, and also ensures that an email address is input, not just empty box, anything you want other than an email address, etc. I went and looked through some of the email guest registrations... OMG people spam that input.

I have a server error on my dev site this morning from just this:

• Swift_RfcComplianceException: Address in mailbox given [Kathy . Crosby @gmail.com] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.
  • src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php:345
Code:
#0 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(261): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->_assertValidAddress('Kathy . Crosby ...')
#1 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(106): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->normalizeMailboxes(Array)
#2 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/MailboxHeader.php(63): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->setNameAddresses(Array)
#3 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/SimpleHeaderFactory.php(58): Swift_Mime_Headers_MailboxHeader->setFieldBodyModel(Array)
#4 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/SimpleHeaderSet.php(68): Swift_Mime_SimpleHeaderFactory->createMailboxHeader('To', Array)
#5 src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/SimpleMessage.php(329): Swift_Mime_SimpleHeaderSet->addMailboxHeader('To', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mail/Mail.php(54): Swift_Mime_SimpleMessage->setTo('Kathy . Crosby ...', NULL)
#7 src/addons/Andy/EmailSubscription/XF/Cron/EmailSubscription.php(165): XF\Mail\Mail->setTo('Kathy . Crosby ...')
#8 [internal function]: Andy\EmailSubscription\XF\Cron\EmailSubscription::runEmailSubscription(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#9 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(34): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\Cron->run(8)
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#12 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#13 job.php(15): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#14 {main}

Morning Andy,

I have this same question.

1) I am assuming the email contains links to threads the user has access to. In my forum I have groups with different access, I would think they will not get an email with threads they don't have permission to view.

Andy, any chance that we could see an update or similar add-on that shows not only new topics but also new posts/messages or topics with new posts? On my board I do not get a lot of new topics daily but there tends to be a lot of activity within existing topics. Thanks.

Can someone please answer whether or not this add-on can be set to send weekly emails?
Or rather- can the amount of days/weeks/months of whenever the emails are sent be adjusted?
Thanks for info in advance. Cheers.

J.

Top Bottom