Email subscription

Email subscription [Paid] 3.3

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Email subscription - Sends an email every day showing most popular topics.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $25.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Note: all my XF1 add-ons are still 100% free and are supported by donations.

Description:

Sends an email every day showing most popular topics.

An email of the most...

Read more about this resource...

ok. i just installed this. kind of confused about how to get it working.
i enabled admin yes for admin usergroup. do i need to enable it for all usergroups? or this is just for access to admin panel?
i cannot see the subscribe link in the footer.

update: never mind. link appears in the default theme. not in the third party theme i am using.

Would love to see something like this where user and/or admin could set option to include not only topics with links but the actual messages content. Likewise, useful for smaller volume boards, the option to have either daily email digest as you do now or individual messages as they are posted. Thanks.

Hello @AndyB ,

One suggestion : option so the image in the email can be centered.

One bug : when the username contains emojis, a server error occur. I think you need to convert your andy_email_subscribtion table with the encoding : utf8mb4_general_ci.
Server error log :
Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1366]: Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x9A\x80' for column 'username' at row 1 in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212

hi Andy, I have a couple of questions for this add-on.

1) I am assuming the email contains links to threads the user has access to. In my forum I have groups with different access, I would think they will not get an email with threads they don't have permission to view.

2) Does the email also contain the messages posted or a few lines like somebody up here suggested or it has only the links to the threds?

Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom