Resource icon

Email Queuing Enhancements 2.3.0

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Email Queuing Enhancements - Retry logic for delivering to the mail transport

Enhances the XenForo Email queue with re-try logic and ensures both the front-end and AdminCP both send via the queue. Note; most email in XenForo 2 goes via the queue.

Features:
  • Email Queuing
Email Queuing

This addon ensures that the following email sources go via the email queue,
  • AdminCP - Email Users
  • Spam Cleaner
  • Email Confirmation
  • User Moderation - Approval
  • User Moderation -Rejection
  • Password Reset Request
  • Password Reset
  • Contact...

Read more about this resource...

Should probably be checking if the email address is valid before attempting to send mail:

Code:
    Swift_TransportException: Email to [redacted]@hitmakl failed: Unable to send mail. src/XF/Mail/Mailer.php:292 

Generated by: Unknown account Dec 3, 2018 at 4:35 PM 

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/SV/EmailQueue/XF/Mail/Queue.php(69): XF\Mail\Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message), Object(Swift_SmtpTransport))
#1 src/XF/Job/MailQueue.php(11): SV\EmailQueue\XF\Mail\Queue->run(7.9999990463257)
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\MailQueue->run(7.9999990463257)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9999990463257)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9999990463257)
#5 job.php(14): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#6 {main}

This add-on doesn't touch how XenForo doesn't really do any email validation beyond trying to send it.

That is sadly a valid email address syntactically, the only actual validation is to try to send the email.

Is this option still present on this version?

Specially this:
Allows disabling email sending, rather than state change for an account depending on the bounce type.

Hello

I want to queue emails being sent by the Xenforo watch settings for thread/posts to (x) per hour - this is to satisfy my hosting company mails server settings ....

Is this add-on able to do that ?

@Xon Hello, I meet a special case.

I changed my email service and I discontinued my old email service. But some of emails were queued with old sender address (from old service, but it was not working anymore because I removed it)

Now the failed queue keeps retrying over and over again but it never be able to send because sender email was no longer existed. How could we modify the sender from mail_data in xf_mail_queue_failed table, can I just query to replace all old sender email with new sender email?

LogicException: Instances of XF\Db\AbstractAdapter cannot be serialized or unserialized in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 680

XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->__sleep()
serialize() in src/XF/Mail/Queue.php at line 27
XF\Mail\Queue->queue() in src/XF/Mail/Mailer.php at line 318
XF\Mail\Mailer->queue() in src/XF/Mail/Mail.php at line 412
XF\Mail\Mail->queue() in src/addons/SV/EmailQueue/XF/Mail/Mail.php at line 29
SV\EmailQueue\XF\Mail\Mail->send() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 278
XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionTestEmail() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 261
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2190
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

There is another problem!

Everytime when i save the page in acp i add one more part of

Email templates to exclude

to the list of checked templates.

The form select miss an empty option?

Hi @Xon

We updated a bunch of add-ons on Friday, as well as XF to 2.1.11. This wasn't one of the updated addons, we've been running 3.1.1 since June, but since this pertains to email I'm asking here first. Since upgrading we've had thousands of these in our server error log. I've run the outgoing email test and it works fine, and we haven't had any complaints of emails not going through. We're up to 8,000+ now.

Per Amazon, I've run the commands indicated here. Both returned the correct responses.

Code:
telnet email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com 465

openssl s_client -crlf -connect email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com:465

Any ideas? If I should be asking in the general XF support just let me know :)

2020-09-19 09_10_06-Server error log.webp

This is likely hosting related.

Have you updated your OS which might have applied apparmor or selinux profiles? It is likely blocking php/apache from making outbound network calls to email services.

Top Bottom