XF 1.4 Email Options

albnaldo

Hello,

So at Options > Email Options, I can change Default Email Address and Contact Email Address. What I want to know is if I need to have a registered and created an email in order to insert it there.

I put a random email there like support@mysite.com where mysite is the name of the forum. I started a new conversation and the I received the email notification on my email address that a new conversation was created and the sender was the random email, even though I have not registered it.

So, can I use for example forum@mysite.com even though I have not created that email address?

If you are on shared hosting or a managed server, postifx (or an equivalent) will most likely be installed, which means emails will be sent.

You won't be able to receive email on that address until you create an account for it though.

Yes, I am on a shared server. Well, I don't really need to send messages with this kind of address since I want to use it only for automatic notifications when new users are registered or receive a new reply. I don't want new users to see an email sent by my personal address :) So it is fine to insert an email not created for automatic mail?

Top Bottom