Email Management and other specifications / questions

HecKel

Hi!

The administration of my community is considering to move to another software (from SMF) and before that of course we need to ensure some requirements.

We send a Newsletter every month but we have some restraint with our server, we only can send around 1000 emails per hour therefore we need some software that has a good email management tool. I was playing a little bit with XenForo's demo and I didn't find any setting regarding the quantity of emails sent per minute / hour. Is this configurable on XenForo in any way?

We are a community of software programmers, which big part of them are newbies still on faculty therefore one of our "must have" is some kind of code highlight tool. We are aware that this usually isn't part of the software's out of the box, are there already any mod for that on XenForo?

As far as I know, XenForo has a very good integration with WordPress, which is really fantastic for us, but what about some wiki software? Is there any integration planned or bridge already made for any wiki software? (We use dokuwiki)

Regarding the software migration, I didn't find anything regarding a migration tool from SMF to XenForo, however I read some people that did it successfully. Do you provide any kind of support to help migrating to XenForo from SMF 2.0?

I believe for now, these are our main questions.

Thanks

There are currently no email management tools built-in, there is however a Mailchimp add-on.

I believe there is also a code syntax highlighting add-on, but I'm not sure on the status of it.

There is a wiki add-on available.

The current importers are listed here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/
XenForo doesn't officially provide import services, but community support is available in the forum.

The add-ons forum is here: http://xenforo.com/community/forums/add-on-releases.32/

As far as I know, XenForo has a very good integration with WordPress, which is really fantastic for us, but what about some wiki software? Is there any integration planned or bridge already made for any wiki software? (We use dokuwiki)

There is a bridge for Mediawiki. No dokuwiki bridge. Dokuwiki is great if your users are power users (which yours are) but is daunting for average forum goers.

XenCarta is a lite wiki with awesome caching and templates but no post ownership and few permissions.
One option would be to use Joomla, Dokuwiki, and Xenforo with jfusion. Title search jfusion here. jfusion.org

I'd use the Wordpress bridge at xenscripts.com and move to a wiki in Wordpress (search for wiki at xenscripts).

If you really like wikis ... title search for Native Wiki here at xenforo.com and make a post in that thread, and like that thread.

Good luck.

Top Bottom