Elegant Dark

Elegant Dark [Paid] 2.2.13

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Osman updated Elegant Dark with a new update entry:

With the release of the XenForo 2.1.6 version, we are pleased to offer our valued customers a quick update to our themes.

This version has been updated on the theme frame and plugin. It has been specifically updated on the plugin that comes with the theme.

The updates are outlined below.
  • Theme plugin has been updated. Now for double-column forums, images can be uploaded directly. You don't need to enter a picture path for this.
  • Possible conflicts between plug-ins have been...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Osman there appears to be an issue with the way this style displays threads as the article type.

Example;

Configured as an article type;

1604076985175.webp

Configured as a discussion;

1604077054476.webp

Perfectly fine.

Hello. Could you please tell me. Elegant Dark 2.2.4 style has an adaptation for PHP 8? Because I see the following set of errors when I install it cleanly:
Screen Shot 09-30-21 at 08.52 PM.PNG
If you install the style plugin XenMake-StyleProperty-1.0.6, the error set is:
Screen Shot 09-30-21 at 08.53 PM.PNG
Why is this so? And can this be fixed? You don't have any mention of this in the update logs of new versions. The problem is with your style, but what PHP 8 is swearing at is unclear. This article https://kinsta.com/blog/php-8/#saner-numeric-strings found a paragraph with a similar error, and I quote:
This means, all strings which currently emit the E_NOTICE “A non well formed numeric value encountered” will be reclassified into the E_WARNING “A non-numeric value encountered” except if the leading-numeric string contained only trailing whitespace. And the various cases which currently emit an E_WARNING will be promoted to TypeErrors.

Can you comment on this and is there a solution?

On PHP 7.4 or lower there is no problem. Tested with XF v2.2.7 Patch 1.

Or are you suggesting to buy a support license to the latest version of the style to solve this problem?

Last edited:
Hello. Could you please tell me. Elegant Dark 2.2.4 style has an adaptation for PHP 8? Because I see the following set of errors when I install it cleanly:
View attachment 257921
If you install the style plugin XenMake-StyleProperty-1.0.6, the error set is:
View attachment 257922
Why is this so? And can this be fixed? You don't have any mention of this in the update logs of new versions. The problem is with your style, but what PHP 8 is swearing at is unclear. This article https://kinsta.com/blog/php-8/#saner-numeric-strings found a paragraph with a similar error, and I quote:

Can you comment on this and is there a solution?

On PHP 7.4 or lower there is no problem. Tested with XF v2.2.7 Patch 1.

Or are you suggesting to buy a support license to the latest version of the style to solve this problem?
To fix this problem, you need to install the updated version of the theme. The 2.2.6.0.0 version of the theme supports PHP 8.x.

There is also information on this subject at the link below.

Out of interest, did anyone upgrade to 2.2.5 and NOT break their theme?
I did, and ended up like so;

1636195290928.webp

1636195418458.webp

This also broke my logo and parallax image.

I was advised this by XenTR, after I asked for support in English.

1636198976783.webp

1636198860268.webp

This is my fault to an extent as I did not backup first (I dont usually for tier 3 updates).

Posting this to help others avoid this issue. I now have to install my style again.

Top Bottom