Elavatar 1.0

No permission to download

Kintaro

Kintaro submitted a new resource:

Elavatar - Avatar's Elevator

With this add-on users avatars will take the elevator. :cool:

mKEuLNPdrL.gif

Read more about this resource...

The idea is good. I found two quick bugs after trying it.

1. When having XenTag installed, the messageUserBlock sticks to the XenTag block so it would need some margin-bottom:

bug1.webp

2. When using a touch device (in my case iPad2), the scrolling needs to finish first so the messageUserBlock could be repositioned. This results in this bug:

bug2.webp

I have another suggestion as well - it'd be a good idea for the two scripts to be combined together regarding the additional http request for such a small amount of code (elavatar.js).

Cheers

When having XenTag installed, the messageUserBlock sticks to the XenTag block so it would need some margin-bottom

In my test installation I can't reproduce it, the margin is there.

elavatar-screen.webp

When using a touch device (in my case iPad2), the scrolling needs to finish first so the messageUserBlock could be repositioned. This results in this bug

I haven't my ipad2 near me but with iOS simulator I can't reproduce the bug. I will trying asap with the real device. iOS version?

I have another suggestion as well - it'd be a good idea for the two scripts to be combined together regarding the additional http request for such a small amount of code (elavatar.js).

(y)

This is very nice. Thanks for developing this.

I have one inconvenience to report. On a mobile device taking advantage of the responsive resizing, the elevator'd avatar of the last post on the page will travel down far enough to cover the quick reply box. That is, the avatar continues traveling beyond the lower bound of its post container.

This is on the standard Xenforo theme on an Android phone using Chrome browser in either vertical or horizontal orientation.

This is very nice. Thanks for developing this.

I have one inconvenience to report. On a mobile device taking advantage of the responsive resizing, the elevator'd avatar of the last post on the page will travel down far enough to cover the quick reply box. That is, the avatar continues traveling beyond the lower bound of its post container.

This is on the standard Xenforo theme on an Android phone using Chrome browser in either vertical or horizontal orientation.
to fix it do you think is useful on responsive or I have to deactivate it under a specific width?

I think the add-on is useful in all size views. However, it just behaves differently on the full size view compared to a small responsive view, allowing the last avatar to go down past the end of the last post. It only seems to do that on responsive.

However, I can't test it again. I had to remove the add-on. It was a good add-on, but it ended up being a little distracting for my members.

I have installed and it works pretty well for me on desktop but on iPhone I don't care for the functionality. Is there a way to shut it off for mobile?

Hi Kintaro,

Your add-on is great, when an update for 1.4 XenForo?

Thank you in advance for your reply and good luck for the future.

Sincerely, VanillaNeko. :)

Top Bottom