1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elasticsearch 0.90.2

Discussion in 'Enhanced Search Support' started by dbembibre, Jul 24, 2013.

1. dbembibre

dbembibre Active Member

I upgrade today to the new Enhanced search add-on 1.02 and upgrade to elastic search 0.90.2 without problems, all is working together ok.

Release notes of new version: http://www.elasticsearch.org/downloads/0-90-2/

I simply copy lib and bin directories as lib_old and bin_old and overwrite this directories with the content of directories of 0.90.2 version, and finally restart the service.

[root@back elasticsearch]# curl -XGET 'localhost:9200'
      "ok" : true,
      "status" : 200,
      "name" : "Stevie Hunter",
      "version" : {
        "number" : "0.90.2",
        "snapshot_build" : false,
        "lucene_version" : "4.3.1"
      "tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
    Andy.N likes this.
  2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Just done mine now.
  3. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

What does elastic search do? Is it worth adding?
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Elastic Search is a drop in search replacement. It improves the search for larger boards, speeding up the process. It does require a VPS or Dedicated server to install. Whether or not you should use it is up to you, but its designed to improve the search experience for larger boards.
  5. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

It's also better on smaller board, as the stemming analyser provides better quality search results (y)
    Jeremy likes this.
  6. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

If it supports your language :(
  7. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

What language would you need?
  8. Moshe1010

ES, as a service, has some problems with RTL. I'm trying to work that out through their Github. I need Hebrew support.
  9. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Ah, yeah, that's not in there :(
  10. Moshe1010

The problem with ES that they relay on other search based softwares to develop their own, so they pretty much can't do a lot for me.