Editing text in quoted reply fails.

BGL

When trying to select and delete text in a quoted reply.

After highlighting the and selecting the text, hitting delete does not delete it. The user has to highlight and delete several times. It seems to move the text up as though it is only deleting a hidden carriage return.

Mildly annoying for users who have to do same operation over again a couple times.

Are you using the rich editor? Try the plain text editor instead. The rich editor has some quirks.

I'm sure I'm using the rich editor (the one with the icon menu bar?) but so will forum members so I'll suffer along with them.

How do you turn off the rich text editor?

I have not tried Minorin before. If a device / browser does not support the rich editor then it will revert to plain text.

OK. On iPad. Menu bar is gone so I guess in plain text mode, Is the menu bar the only diff between rich and plain?

If so Minorin gives that function and eliminates need for rich text while giving iPad and mobile users all the functionality.

And eliminates the bug...er...quirk in the rich text editor.

That and the rich editor is WYSIWYG, plain text is not.

What would it take for XenForo to sense mobile access, switch user to Plain Text editing? If forum had Minorin installed, switching user to plain text editor would give them the nearly the same editing user interface they see in rich text. I wonder if Tapatalk could do that?

It already disables WYSIWYG based on the user preference and mobile user agents. Refer to this file:

library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Editor.php

I am moving this out of bugs. It is known there are some quirks with the current rich editor.

It already disables WYSIWYG based on the user preference and mobile user agents. Refer to this file:
library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Editor.php
They let me drive but I'm not allowed to play around with the engine. We'll install Minorin and see if it shows up on the iPad.
I am moving this out of bugs. It is known there are some quirks with the current rich editor.
OK but it would nice if they fixed the "quirk" at some point.

Top Bottom